Did you mean: 

Can Not View Embedded Raster Images in AutoCAD 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jayala79
1645 Views, 3 Replies

Can Not View Embedded Raster Images in AutoCAD 2014

I have been looking for a Raster Design 2014 object enabler. We have received over 1000 files from a client with embedded images and we have about 25 users working on the files. Most of the editing can be done in AutoCAD 2014 since most Rasters wont need to be modified. Currently our users can only view embedded Rasters when they open the file in Raster Design 2014 and as a result we are experiencing a lot of application rejections because all of our Raster Design licenses are being unnecessarily used. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: jayala79

I couldn't find anything about an object enabler, but... it seems to me that you should be able to see at least a "proxy" representation of the objects.

Are the variables PROXYNOTICE and PROXYSHOW set to 1?

Message 3 of 4
jggerth1
in reply to: jayala79

to clarify -- you want to install Raster Design and the RD OE  both onto the same machine???

Message 4 of 4
jayala79
in reply to: dmfrazier

I found the issue. The problem is not with AutoCAD 2014. The user that was embedding the Rasters was using INSERTOBJ and used Paint to embed the images. The user was receiving an error during the process but was ignoring it since the Raster was being added in AutoCAD. WHen the file was reopened in Raster Design the Raster image was gone. We then tried adding the image using the XREF command and then using IEMBED to embed the raster. We saved the file, closed Raster Design and launched AutoCAD 2014. We were able to view the embedded Raster. So the issue was user error. Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost