Did you mean: 

Can not add Workspace to Workspace Drop down selection list

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
larry2
483 Views, 4 Replies

Can not add Workspace to Workspace Drop down selection list

I am unable to load or add the "Workspace 3D Modeling" cui to the Workspace drop down selection list.

I am using AutoCAD MEP 2014.

Anyone have a solution for me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: larry2

Where or how are you "trying" to do this exactly?
And which AutoCAD profile are you currently running in MEP2014? here is more than one.

Lastly, are you allowed by your IT or CAD Manager to edit your CUIx file like that? ask at your end if you don't know.
Message 3 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: pendean

3D modeling will already be available if you run as "AutoCAD" rather than "AutoCAD MEP"

Tools > Options > Profiles tab > AutoCAD > Set Current > Apply

... or do you need to have the 3D modeling workspace within the MEP environment?

Message 4 of 5
larry2
in reply to: pendean

Where or how are you "trying" to do this exactly?                                                                             In CUI Customization Menu
And which AutoCAD profile are you currently running in MEP2014? here is more than one.             AutoCAD MEP (US Imperial)

Lastly, are you allowed by your IT or CAD Manager to edit your CUIx file like that? ask at your end if you don't know.  Yes

Your Questions were part of the solution.  The other respondent also helped solve my problem.

Thanks a bunch!!

Message 5 of 5
larry2
in reply to: nestly2

Nestly2, your comments and questions:

3D modeling will already be available if you run as "AutoCAD" rather than "AutoCAD MEP"

Tools > Options > Profiles tab > AutoCAD > Set Current > Apply

... or do you need to have the 3D modeling workspace within the MEP environment? 

Good question.  I'm checking to see if there any additional features in 3D Modeling as compared to just running MEP.

Your Comments & Question(s) were part of the solution.

The other respondent also helped solve my problem.

Thanks a bunch!!

Both of you are great!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost