AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

marceldenbakker
Message 1 of 15 (4,022 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can i easy change the color af all elements into one color in a block?

4022 Views, 14 Replies
09-04-2012 02:41 AM

How can i easy change the layer colors of all elements in a block and also the blocks in that block witout exploding everything ten times. I wish Autodesk create a button so if you select a block and use the button i had a choyce to

select a layer or color. Looks so simple.

* setbylayer is not what i mean

* also dont want to use xrefs

I hope someone can help me.

Here's a lisp routine that I've used for years.  I can't remember where I first found it, but I've modified the code from the initial inception.  It will change the geometry in any block to Layer 0, and changes the color to BYLAYER.  It also works on anything with a truecolor assigned.

Hope that helps

marceldenbakker wrote:

Yes it think thats the only way. A lisp can be a solution.

I was thinking if i could use a transparant mask or something like that, to lay over the block?But then i have to do that with a hatch en make ik transparant. But when i look in the printpreview the block isnt vissible anymore.

Make sure to tick PLOTTRANSPARENCY in the plot dialog box to plot transparency

Wouldn't refedit be applicable here assuming there is only one block of that name in the dwg?

Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 2 of 15 (4,013 Views)

Re: Can i easy change the color af all elements into one color in a block?

09-04-2012 03:06 AM in reply to: marceldenbakker

Create a new drawing with only layer 0; Insert your block into the new drawing. All the layers will show up in your layer properties manager. Make the changes you want in the layer properties manager. Open design center and go to the open drawings, make your old drawing the current one,select the block from the new drawing and right click - select redifine only. And all the blocks in your old drawing will be updated to the new layers.

Regards Steven Gray
Setting Out (Joinery Manufacturing)
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
marceldenbakker
Message 3 of 15 (4,008 Views)

09-04-2012 03:28 AM in reply to: steven-g

Thanks for your reply,

But it dont work in my drawing. In my drawing all layers that are in the block already been used in the drawing. So if i changes the layer colors in the new drawing (of the block) and i insert the block in my drawing all layers are the same colors. Not gray.

And i think is takes too much time to do this all. I hope theres a more easy way to do this.

But thanks!

Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 4 of 15 (4,005 Views)

09-04-2012 03:59 AM in reply to: marceldenbakker

If you insert the block, it will take on the properties of the existing block in the drawing again. That is why you need to take it out of the drawing and make the changes and then use redifine not insert.

And by the way once in your new drawing you can open the layer manager press Ctrl+A to select all the layers, click on any one of the colour properties, and they all change.

Regards Steven Gray
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
marceldenbakker
Message 5 of 15 (4,003 Views)

09-04-2012 04:19 AM in reply to: steven-g

Thanks. Now i redefine and all layers changed into grey. But allso te same layers who already where in the drawing. They all turn grey. I only want to change the color of the block. Is that possible ?

*Expert Elite*
3wood
Message 6 of 15 (3,994 Views)

09-04-2012 05:32 AM in reply to: marceldenbakker

You can change all entities in the block to BYBLOCK color, the assign a special color to the block itself.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Distinguished Mentor
steven-g
Message 7 of 15 (3,989 Views)

09-04-2012 06:14 AM in reply to: marceldenbakker

I think it will have to be the hard way. going into each level of your block and change everything to layer "0" then you can put the block on it's own layer and choose the colour on that layer. Someone may be able to help you do that with a lisp routine.

Regards Steven Gray
Autocad 2013LT
Windows 7 professional
marceldenbakker
Message 8 of 15 (3,959 Views)

09-05-2012 12:42 AM in reply to: steven-g

I was thinking if i could use a transparant mask or something like that, to lay over the block?But then i have to do that with a hatch en make ik transparant. But when i look in the printpreview the block isnt vissible anymore.

Active Contributor
wundrlik
Message 9 of 15 (3,948 Views)

09-05-2012 08:16 AM in reply to: marceldenbakker

Here's a lisp routine that I've used for years.  I can't remember where I first found it, but I've modified the code from the initial inception.  It will change the geometry in any block to Layer 0, and changes the color to BYLAYER.  It also works on anything with a truecolor assigned.

Hope that helps

Ryan A Wunderlich
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 10 of 15 (3,938 Views)

09-05-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: marceldenbakker

marceldenbakker wrote:

Make sure to tick PLOTTRANSPARENCY in the plot dialog box to plot transparency

Wouldn't refedit be applicable here assuming there is only one block of that name in the dwg?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.