AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

chiesa.mario
Message 1 of 4 (8,963 Views)
Accepted Solution

CAD Hatch Patterns

8963 Views, 3 Replies
07-18-2012 09:30 AM

Hi, I just downloaded four hatch patterns and I have no idea how to put them into my AutoCAD 2013 program.  Will someone please help me out with this?

Hi;

I have a folder on my file computer called CAD Custom files: In this folder I have all my customizations, ie. hatch patterns (*.PAT), drawing templates, PC3 / CTB files, and so on. My path is C:\HD Admin\CAD Custom Files. My advice is to create a folder like this so you can easily share files or recover after a system failure, ie. everything is in one spot.

To get AutoCAD to find these files, you need to add your equivalent of "C:\HD Admin\CAD Custom Files" to the list of directories Autocad uses to store its support files in:

In AutoCAD, enter OPTIONS on the command line;

The top left tab is "Files", and the first item on the list is 'Support files search path": Select "Support files search path" and click the "ADD" button (top right).

Capture.JPG

On the right side at the top is the "ADD" button. It will give you another line, and you can paste the relevant path into the spot created. AutoCAD probably needs to restart after this in order to find the hatch pattens, but they should show up at the end of the standard list of hatches.

- Jason

Contributor
JasonRuhl
Message 2 of 4 (8,941 Views)

Re: CAD Hatch Patterns

07-18-2012 11:08 AM in reply to: chiesa.mario

Hi;

I have a folder on my file computer called CAD Custom files: In this folder I have all my customizations, ie. hatch patterns (*.PAT), drawing templates, PC3 / CTB files, and so on. My path is C:\HD Admin\CAD Custom Files. My advice is to create a folder like this so you can easily share files or recover after a system failure, ie. everything is in one spot.

To get AutoCAD to find these files, you need to add your equivalent of "C:\HD Admin\CAD Custom Files" to the list of directories Autocad uses to store its support files in:

In AutoCAD, enter OPTIONS on the command line;

The top left tab is "Files", and the first item on the list is 'Support files search path": Select "Support files search path" and click the "ADD" button (top right).

Capture.JPG

On the right side at the top is the "ADD" button. It will give you another line, and you can paste the relevant path into the spot created. AutoCAD probably needs to restart after this in order to find the hatch pattens, but they should show up at the end of the standard list of hatches.

- Jason

chiesa.mario
Message 3 of 4 (8,928 Views)

07-18-2012 01:58 PM in reply to: JasonRuhl

I added the hdadmin directory but AutoCAD said that it doesn't exist..

*Expert Elite*
heinsite
Message 4 of 4 (8,915 Views)

07-18-2012 06:27 PM in reply to: chiesa.mario

That's kind of basic Windows 101.  You need to create that directory before AutoCAD can find it.  Then put all your custom files in it.  And *then* add it to the search path.

Great tip, Jason!  :smileywink:

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.