Did you mean: 

Buy AutoCAD for 1 month

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
segrube627
517 Views, 5 Replies

Buy AutoCAD for 1 month

Hi,

I'm going to be working for a private business for 1 month doing CAD, so I just want to buy it for 1 month for $210.  The problem is that I already have a student version downloaded for me to use during school.  My question is: Can I buy the full version for a month even though i already have the student version installed? Would it create 2 different AutoCADs on my computer? or do I need to use a different computer, or uninstall the student version?

Thanks,

Sydney

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgorsman
in reply to: segrube627

I'd *strongly* recommend uninstalling the student version and ensuring the rental-model has licensed properly.  I'd also quarantine all EDU-generated blocks and other drawing content to avoid accidentally contaminating the production work.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 6
segrube627
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank You!

Just a few more questions, if I uninstall the student version will I be able to reinstal it once the month is over? and does the monthly version automatically uninstall? or will it automatically charge for another month unless I somehow canel it?

Message 4 of 6
DarrenP

no it will not automatically uninstall, yes it automatically renews until you cancel

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

@segrube627 wrote:

...1 month for $210.  

Sydney

What is your source?

http://www.autodesk.com/store/rental-licences

My guess is if you follow this course of action - it will likely pick up the existing Student License.

I don't think you need to uninstall/install anything.

Go to Help>About AutoCAD>Product Information and click Update to enter your rental license Serial Number.

You should probably have posted this question in the Installation and Licensing forum for the best information. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
GrantsPirate
in reply to: JDMather

Over here

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad/buy

it shows as $210 a month.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost