Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug - OSNAP and ORTHO

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
dbinkney
928 Views, 11 Replies

Bug - OSNAP and ORTHO

F3 and F8 shortcuts start interacting weirdly with the OSNAP and ORTHO commands.  F3 will turn ORTHO off, but not OSNAP on, and vice versa depending on how CAD is feeling.  Sometimes F8 will toggle ORTHO, sometimes not.

Please resolve, it is causing me a lot of frustration.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Patchy
in reply to: dbinkney

How many PC doing this?

Message 3 of 12
dbinkney
in reply to: Patchy

Just mine so far. Running Civil 3D 2014 on Windows 7.
Message 4 of 12
Patchy

Ask C3D group and see if anyone got the same bug, until more than one user got it I doubt autodesk will resolve your problem.

Message 5 of 12
GrantsPirate

Is this on a laptop or PC?

If laptop what brand, model.

If PC, is the keyboard attached with USB or wirelessly. 

If wirelessly check batteries and replace.

If USB, try another keyboard or try one that plugs in to the keyboard connection (PS/2).

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 6 of 12
dbinkney
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Laptop:  Lenovo T420s, almost exactly 3 years old.

Docked, with a wireless mouse.

I will ask around about other people with the same issue at my firm.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE RESPONSES.

Message 7 of 12
jmontie
in reply to: Patchy

Add another one to your list.

Running AutoCAD Mechanical 2014. F3 and F8 toggles are screwed. Sometimes have to switch back and forth 3 or four times to get the desired result. I have pushed F8 without taking a finger off the key and after continually pushing the key it will work correct. Hve only noticed this with F3, F6, and F8.

Message 8 of 12
Cadguru42
in reply to: jmontie

@jmontie wrote:

Add another one to your list.

Running AutoCAD Mechanical 2014. F3 and F8 toggles are screwed. Sometimes have to switch back and forth 3 or four times to get the desired result. I have pushed F8 without taking a finger off the key and after continually pushing the key it will work correct. Hve only noticed this with F3, F6, and F8.

This is now happening to me on C3D 2015 with SP1. Very, very annoying!

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 9 of 12
ttcfcl

This is happening to me and all my users with Autocad 2015. We have 2014 as well and it functions properly. 

Message 10 of 12
Cadguru42
in reply to: ttcfcl

My SR about this took two responses over 12 days for Autodesk to say they won't send this to development since he couldn't replicate this issue. I sent Autodesk links to many posts on these forums as well as outside forums where people are running into this issue and they were all ignored. This is just another reason why bugs don't get fixed or even looked at by development since they're not even getting notice that this is happening. Autodesk really needs to fix the way they handle these kinds of issues.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 11 of 12
dgorsman
in reply to: Cadguru42

How do you propose they diagnose a problem they cannot replicate?  What would they fix?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 12
Cadguru42
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

How do you propose they diagnose a problem they cannot replicate?  What would they fix?

Well, considering how many people have had this issue they should know something is in need of fixing. Since it wasn't reproducible on my end, do you think they should just ignore it and not even let development know that there is something wrong? 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost