Did you mean: 

Blocks and VPorts

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
MikeCarlisle
255 Views, 1 Reply

Blocks and VPorts

I've worked with AutoCAD a number of years, but I've also worked with companies that didn't keep sending people to class to stay up on the latest techonologies. I know there are many AutoCAD commands that I'm not utilizing or under-utilizing.

That being said, I was helping a friend last night work on some AutoCAD drawings and I saw something that I hadn't seen before.

There was a block inserted in modelspace, and it appeared to be inside the window of a viewport. When I went to move the block (a location plan of a building), I selected the fence and I noticed that object was actually much larger than what I was seeing. When I selected the window you could see the parking lot and underground utilities that were outside of the window.

I could also grab the window and move it in and out, revealing and hiding objects as the window moved.

It was late and we needed to finish up. I did see that the Properties called it a block, but what command was I looking at?

It WAS in modelspace, so that leaves out mview. There were no XREFs, so it couldn't be that. I feel like such a newbie.

Mike

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Patchy
in reply to: MikeCarlisle

Probably XCLIP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost