Did you mean: 

Block with xy and ID label

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Akunkinga
5191 Views, 11 Replies

Block with xy and ID label

Anybody got step by step instructions for this please

I want to create a block that will show x and y coordinate values and also an ID tag which will update  ie ShaftNo 1, ShaftNo 2 etc as I add them to a drawing

Reason: I have hundreds of centre points of old mine shafts on my drawing which I need to identify so wish to create a drawing and excel sheet which will show the number of the shaft and also the xy coordinates.
Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
heinsite
in reply to: Akunkinga

One suggestion is to build your ordinate block first.  Just be sure to include an additional attribute in it for the feature numbering you'll want.  Then grab the free Increment App Here.  It will be handy for this particular block and many others, and give you an intro to the apps available if you haven't tried any already.

If you have trouble creating the basic block... I've attached one that I use that's very similar to what you're after.  It's annotative and acts a lot like a leader, with the item # attribute, and has a few dynamic features.  You can modify this one or ask around here for ideas or others more suited to what you needt.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 12
Akunkinga
in reply to: heinsite

Thanks the one you supplied is great. Only one small question

If I insert the block the coords are correct, however when I try to copy it to use elsewhere the coords do not update how do I get this to happen, I tried regen but didnt make any difference............  what am I missingSmiley Frustrated

Also once out IT download the free app I will try it out

Message 4 of 12
Charles_Shade

What is FIELDEVAL set to?

Default is 31. Could that be your need?

Message 5 of 12
heinsite

You found the one little hitch in this giddyup... Smiley Very Happy 

Yes, the one operation that doesn't work with this block is to drag it by the tip of the arrowhead.  That breaks things down.  But you can MOVE it from the tip of the arrow and then REGEN. You can also select it and then grip move it.  That will also update the coords with a REGEN, but it's difficult to accurately place the key point (the tip of the arrow) that way.  Best is to simply insert a new XY block to the new location.  That will hit it on the head with the correct coordinates every time.

When you get Increment you simply insert new copies of the block one time as if you were doing it with the INSERT command.  The part you'll like is that the NAME attribute can be set to update incrementally as you need it.

Dave

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 6 of 12
Ajilal.Vijayan

Please find the attached block that can be grip edit by picking the Arrow head also

Message 7 of 12
heinsite
in reply to: Ajilal.Vijayan

Nicely done, Ajilal!  Using a leader instead of simple linework solved the problem of moving the block by the insertion point nicely!  I'll be updating my block with this technique shortly.

Smiley Happy

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 8 of 12
heinsite

For those who may want to use this block in units=feet... and annotative, I've attached my correction.

Thanks again to Ajilal!  This was one of those things I had been meaning to get to "one of these times".  🙂

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 9 of 12
Ajilal.Vijayan

Thanks Dave !

Message 10 of 12
AutoMarcus

thanks so much mate, using this now

Message 11 of 12
AutoMarcus

Hey mate, awesome work, if i dont need so many decimal places, should i edit the field in the block?

Message 12 of 12
heinsite
in reply to: AutoMarcus

Yes, that's the only way you can modify the decimal output.  I specifically need that level of accuracy for what I do.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost