Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block copying inserts old block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JDJDRAFT
1273 Views, 3 Replies

Block copying inserts old block

This is actually AutoCAD2011.  I open a DWG and then a titleblock DWG.  When I copy the Dwg, which is a block and then go to indsert it into a new drawing,  it inserts a title block that we have not used in a few years even though I clearly copied the approprites one. Using just copy and paste with basepoint.  Any ideas on how to get rif of the one that seems to be coming in?

Appreciate the help.

JD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
apjones
in reply to: JDJDRAFT

There is an old block definition in the target file. Start a clean drawing (purge all blocks out) and try again.
Pete

>Please Accept as Solution and give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
dmfrazier

When a block insert command results in an older (or otherwise incorrect) "version" being inserted, that means the current (destination) DWG already contains a definition of the block you're inserting.  You should see evidence of this on the command line in the form of a prompt that reads "Duplicate definition of "blahblahblockname" ignored.

Either RENAME the existing block definition, or, if there are no inserts of it in the DWG, PURGE it and try inserting again.

Message 4 of 4
Ron-C

You MUST "Purge" your drawing to delete old "Blocks" that are not used in the drawing before attempting to

insert another block with  "Same Name"

You may not "See" the title block.but it's still in the data base part of the DWG file

If it will not let you purge the "Title Block" then it's being used somewhere in your drawing

Hope this help !

Ron.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost