Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Attribute Justification Location - Insert / Tool Palettes

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1027 Views, 9 Replies

Block Attribute Justification Location - Insert / Tool Palettes

I'm having a slight issue with attributes within blocks.

I have all the attributes set to a annotative text style justified to bottom-center. When inserted, the block preview shows all the text justified to the left (below-right). After I click, the text regains it's normal bottom-center justification (below-left).

ACAD_BlockAtt_1.jpg

I have tags for our office arranged in a tool palette, which shows an even weirder effect, probably because the text is annotative:

ACAD_BlockAtt_2.jpg

Is there a way to fix this so the bottom-center alignment is shown in both the block previous upon insertion and the tool palette icon?

This is what the block .dwg itself looks like with all bottom-center justifications:

ACAD_BlockAtt_3.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Post your block.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Here you go.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Any follow-up?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

The text is shown wrong in preview? That's the problem?
I can only guess, AutoCAD probably justify the text after insert.
The block shows fine in one scale. What happens when you change scale?
Wouldn't the whole block be annotative, rather than just the text?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

You are correct, the block being shown incorrectly in my tool palette is the problem. Your also correct that AutoCAD justifies the text after insert. Are there any known workaround for getting tool palette block previews to display correctly w/ justified attributes?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

You can change the image to what ever you want.
Message 8 of 10
kadmonkee8

i reworked the block so that the Attributes are no longer Annotative and the justification and position are Middle Center and locked

paper space text height for Anotative blocks is set for 3/32" so the geometry has also been reduced

the Block itself is Annotative

we use annotative blocks for all kinds of symbols and typically we create them 1:1 and allow the anno scale to adjust accordingly

i renamed the file for testing on your end if you like just rename to overwrite for your tool palette container.

I hope this helps

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: kadmonkee8

Hey man, I really appreciate all your work on this. I'm having trouble with it, though.

It would seem that the annotative block doesn't scale itself.

Here are the original and your block at 1/4" scale:

ACAD_BlockAtt_4.jpg

And again at 1/8" scale:

ACAD_BlockAtt_5.jpg

The annotative text scales, but your entire block does not scale.

Also, for those interested, the block display in the tool palette is pretty close, but still justifies to the left as opposed to the center:

ACAD_BlockAtt_6.jpg

Message 10 of 10
kadmonkee8

no problem

if you turn the system variable (selectionannodisplay) on 1= on 0 = off and select my version of the block you should see a ghosted image of the inactive scale

linework is not annotative but the block is adjusting as you change scales.

another check you can try in your properties dialog box under Misc check what Annotative scales are associated with that block - should be 1/8" and 1/4" based on my image your test may vary but match settings to confirm things are working properly

see images attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost