Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to move viewport settings between layout tabs?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
claimed4all
563 Views, 5 Replies

Best way to move viewport settings between layout tabs?

Currently looking for the best was to move the viewport settings (freeze/thaw, color overide) between layout tabs.  I am familiar with Layer States, but it overrides everything, if I make a master change, then that viewport does not see that change.  I only want to override the the layers that I changed.  So if I color overrided 25 layers, I only want those 25 layers to show as viewport overridden.

My current work around is this.  LayoutA (has the settings I need) and LayoutB (is awaiting the new settings).  I do a layout copy of LayoutA, then move all info to the side of the page, then I copy and paste in the info from LayoutB into LayoutA(copy), then I do a match properties from LayoutA viewport to the LayoutA(copy) viewport.  I then rename LayoutA(copy) to Layout B. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steve216586
in reply to: claimed4all

Why not just initially create layout tab B with a copy of layout A along with the layer states? Why create a generic tab, unformatted to layer states, THEN try to format with your work around?

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 6
claimed4all
in reply to: steve216586

That's a thought, but problem is sometimes I don't need those specific overrides unit well after LayoutB is created.
Message 4 of 6
kasperwuyts

I'm not really sure i understand the problem 100% correctly. Just copying the ' viewport from LayoutA to LayoutB and do match properties to the LayoutB-viewport does not do what you want?

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

When you copy and paste a viewport is loses all of its overrides.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

You seem to have a workable solution: if you want something else you'll need to customize (and pre-plan). Customization forums are here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost