BatchInDataBase DGN Purge

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
alx86
999 Views, 3 Replies

BatchInDataBase DGN Purge

Hi everyone,

I have A LOT (thousands) of drawing to be purge of all DGN. I've found BatchInDatabase witch seem to be perfect, but before using it on all drawing we have here, I want to be sure to do it correctly. I understand how to make it work, but when I choose "Purge-DGN Line Types" I have a dialogue box asking me to include or not XREF and I'm not exactly sure what it will do with XREFs. Will it just purge the XREF of DGN? Will it purge XREF from the drawing...

Capture.JPG

PS: Here is the link to download BatchInDataBase from Autodesk Exchange if someones reading want it. Very usefull for a lots of thing other then DGN Purge.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: alx86

Why would it treat an XREF differently from your top file?
BTW from the link you posted you can ask the author of the tool the same question and get the answer directly from the horse' mouth yourself 🙂
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: alx86

The command "Purge-DGN Linetype" purge only DGN-Linetype but not external references attached/Overlayed in the file

If you suspect that your files are affected with DGN-Linetypes then it is recommended to include the xrefs as well to avoid the DGN-Linetype copied back to clenad up files but if there is no xref in those files or you want to run on the bound drawings then simple click the "Apply" button without enabling the "Include Xref" option and this will purge DGN-Linetype only from the files attached to Batch operation but not on the xrefs found on the drawings.

Hope this is clear.

AbubakarS

Message 4 of 4
alx86
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, it is perfectly clear 🙂 That's exactly what I tought, but I just wanted to confirm before start batch processing all of our drawings since I take ressponsasbility of all those drawing of all our draftperson. I just didn't want to take the risk to do anything bad and lose some informations in some drawings.

Thanks a lot.

Ps: sorry for my english.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost