Did you mean: 

BATCH Process 2000 files to run lisp program- URGENT

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
domniq
2804 Views, 8 Replies

BATCH Process 2000 files to run lisp program- URGENT

Hi All,

I am try to identify if there is any program that can run my lisp commapd on 200 files in one go?

If anyone is aware of such tools please share.

I came across BatchInDatabase, but it only process block attribute, I am unable to add my own lisp command to it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jggerth1
in reply to: domniq

ScriptPro....

Message 3 of 9
LyleHardin

I remember seeing a tip in Cadalyst or in AUGI once that I thought was clever.

I used to write a script file to do this, but I've used this since.

Edit your ACAD.lsp file to include the LISP routine you want to run on each drawing.

Then, just open all the drawings you want to run the LISP routine on.

You can open them all at once or just do 20 at a time or whatever, depending on your computer. Drag and drop, whatever your choice.

You will probably want to add a "QSAVE" and a "CLOSE" command to your LISP routine or in the ACAD.lsp file after your LISP routine.

Don't forget to change your ACAD.lsp file back when you're done.

Message 4 of 9
jggerth1
in reply to: LyleHardin

Better nmake that ACADDOC.lsp -- by default Acad.lsp loads only once each session, while ACADDOC.lsp will load with every draing that's opened.

ScriptPro should work to automate the loading and unloading

Message 5 of 9
LyleHardin
in reply to: jggerth1

Ah, yes. Good point JGerth! 

ACADDOC.lsp is the file to use.  (It's been a while.)

As a side note, I have used ScriptPro in the past as well and have found it useful too.

Message 6 of 9
abubakars

The BatchInDatabase process the drawing without opening them in AutoCAD editor, so you could not run lisp/script file.

Try with BatchInEditor , add your files in 500 batches just to keep the numbers handy and keep the AutoCAD speed instead of adding your 2000+ drawing in one go and load your lisp file using the command "Lisp File-Load" or use the command  "Lisp-Expression"

Message 7 of 9
domniq
in reply to: jggerth1

hi JGerth,

I am very new to autocad, can you please tell me how to creat my .lsp file to ACADDOC.lisp ? what are the steps ?

This sounds great when i have to run the same lisp i have to open all one by one and load the lisp everytime.

please guid me how to avioid this step and create a ACADDOC.lsp

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
PatrickByrne

Multi-Batch is able to run lisp as well as script routines. There are a couple of ways of doing this, you can keep the lisp file separate and load it during the routine or you can incorporate the lisp code into the routine itself.

Multi-Batch has five wizards for creating new routines including two for plotting, plus plenty of standard routines to get you started, from here you can alter these or add your own custom routines. When batch plotting you can also add in extra commands and variables we like to use the variable HIDEPRECISION and change the drawing to Paperspace using TILEMODE, this sets the drawing up for plotting.

Script routines can be very powerful and a great time saver. Once you know what they can do you can start to set up your work around them. For example you can set up your drawing sheet to make it easier to fill in for issuing. Change text, attributes, extract attributes, purge, recover, audit etc. A script can also be paused allowing you to work through a set of drawings, making alterations and then resuming the script to proceed to the next drawing.

Patrick
http://www.multi-batch.com/
For your entire batch processing needs

Message 9 of 9
cadwomen
in reply to: PatrickByrne

OT

just to make it 100% ... for writing the script

also usefull

http://www.lee-mac.com/scriptwriter.html

cu cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost