Did you mean: 

Bad Command '-1' in shape

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
clippincott-CL
882 Views, 4 Replies

Bad Command '-1' in shape

I just installed SP2 for ACAD 2015 and when I opened a drawing, I saw that much of the text in the drawing was misshapen.  I hit F2 to see what happened as the drawing opened and there were hundreds of messages saying "Bad command '-1' in shape XX", with XX being a number.  I tried rebooting my machine but the same thing happened upon opening a drawing after the reboot.

It looks like the updated ACAD 2015 is having problems with any text style where a "Big Font" is used.  Text style that don't use a "Big Font" seem fine.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I know the new service pack was only released a couple of days ago so maybe not.  I still have ACAD 2014 on my machine and it seems to work fine.

I am running Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: clippincott-CL

SP2 seems to be problematic at this time.

Did you need one of the fixes it listed? You will need to remove SP2 I suspect, even reinstall/repair 2015.
Message 3 of 5
clippincott-CL
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, Dean.  I did have to reinstall 2015.

Message 4 of 5
peter

I'm having this problem too. Try to open a drawing in Autocad 2015 SP2 and it just hangs, with a string of these "Bad command '-1' in shape xx" in the text screen. Looks as though I've got some uninstalling to do

Message 5 of 5
Rick-K

I too am having the same problem.

I don't think AutoCAD actually "hangs" it just takes forever to open depending on how much text there is in the drawing, once open uncheck the big font checkbox for all of the fonts.

-Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost