Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Error ... All File contents are lost !!!

107 REPLIES 107
Message 1 of 108
drivesafely
7853 Views, 107 Replies

Automation Error ... All File contents are lost !!!

Hello,

We are facing strange issue with all different versions of AutoCAD (2007, 2011, 2013). While users are working on the file, all of a sudden the contents (work done) are lost and it becomes all blank. The file size is same but when we open the file all the work done is not displayed, but just a blank screen.

It happens occasionally and there is some Automation Error in the command line below. The software is not hanging but the open file is in hang state and we have to close it. While closing whether we select yes/no the content (work done) is all lost. The temp location where the files are saved in one of the computer is become huge around 40GB will many Autocad autosave and temporary files; if it has anything to do with it !

Can anyone guide what could be the possible issue ?

Thanks,

107 REPLIES 107
Message 101 of 108
pendean
in reply to: drivesafely

43k is too small to contain anything.
Where is your BAK file? It may be intact.
What about your autosave SV$ file in your user temp folder (unless you moved it)?
Where is your backup from the day before?
The backup from the day before that?
Message 102 of 108
nedwards9820
in reply to: pendean

It is the nature of this error that the .dwg, the .bak and the .sv$ are
destroyed

*Nicholas Edwards*

Principal Consultant

*Idibri*

nedwards@idibri.uk

@Idibri | linkedin/Idibri
| Idibri.uk
Message 103 of 108
jggerth1
in reply to: nedwards9820

Reading this entire thread, it would seem that this error is generally caused by a virus, one that relies on creating and loading an acad.fas file.

If a file with that name exists anywhere on the machine or network, then that prima facie evidence of a virus / malware attack.

And to re-iterate Dean's comment 'yesterday's backup, the day before's backup' 

Message 104 of 108
mshtq77
in reply to: pendean

Hi  the file with the back file attached.as I open the cad two kind file name,name dwl and dwl2 atomaticaly open,the most important is that there is third file atomaticly created which name is alway cade,i used anit viru but no any advantage the same happening agin and agin.

Message 105 of 108
mshtq77
in reply to: jggerth1

I used antivirus and also remove all duplicat file form the computor but still the problem is their.

Message 106 of 108
rkmcswain
in reply to: mshtq77

mshtq77 wrote:

as I open the cad two kind file name,name dwl and dwl2 atomaticaly open

DWL and DWL2 files have nothing to do with this problem. They are simple text files used by the WhoHas function in AutoCAD.

(They have nothing to do with file locking either BTW)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 107 of 108
AnnaCastle
in reply to: rjayamohanan

I just started getting the following error in my AutoCAD 2015:

"Error querying data: Automation error. Operation is not allowed when the object is closed"

I was not in the middle of any commands.  It only happens in certain drawings when I try to save.  I cannot save at all!  Not SAVE or even SAVE AS, nothing.  Can anyone tell me how to fix please?  Already tried purge and audit, no good.

Message 108 of 108
Donaldriyadh
in reply to: AnnaCastle

Hello,

I had this problem last week and search and try all possible solution even reinstall AutoCAD and format my PC.

This is simply a virus within our computer and even running antivirus, it cannot detect it. Now, I just turn OFF / UNCHECK

this two options in autocad and SOLVED MY PROBLEM.

1. UNCHECK THE AUTOMATIC SAVE

2. UNCHECK THE CREATE BACKUP COPY.....

Its very easy and effective. try it and let me know if this working

Regards,

ALI

draftsman

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost