Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk component has stopped working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
lmckinzie
1360 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk component has stopped working

I am having AutoCAD 2015 for students, that worked just fine until today. I was still on the 30 days trial even though I have a serial number and product key (9 days left) - I was going to enter this info but can't open AutoCAD at all. It says

Autodesk component has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution become available.

I uninstalled AutoCAD and installed it again, I also did restore to default settings. It didn't help. I don't think Iever  used hardware acceleration.

I am on Windows 8.1 so I assumed I should use 64 bit version.

Any ideas what else I could try?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: lmckinzie
Message 3 of 6
lmckinzie
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, but I don't think this is causing my problem.

My system says I am not signed in with Autodesk 360.

Also, when I get a message that component stopped working, I can't expand anything to see details. AutioCAD isn't opening at all.

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Autodesk component has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Friday was Windows update-day, is it possible that you have installed the Windows updates and since then AutoCAD can't start anymore?

If so uninstall the updates and see if it's working again.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
lmckinzie
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you, it could be. Should I expect AutoCAD to stop working every time there is a Windows Update Friday? (just kidding)

Actually, its on my husband's comp so I am not sure about updates but I would expect that he is updating automatically. Right now I uninstalled AutoCAD and all components thinking to try installing again with a different user info. 

I will let you know how it goes.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
lmckinzie

Finally, the brand new AutoCAD works again.

I uninstalled the old one along with all the components. Then created a different account and used IExplorer to download. I skipped Autodesk 360 as I was suggested (just in case)

Hurray!  (but for how long? )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost