Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

AutoCAD won't start when clicking on Icon, acad.exe, or opening DWG File.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1249 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD won't start when clicking on Icon, acad.exe, or opening DWG File.

This is a major problem, and I have no idea how to fix this. I recently have done some major computer clean up on my side, and I have used CCleaner to fix broken registry's and clean up free space. That is when all the trouble started to begin. Now I can not open up autocad on my computer. I mean it doesn't crash, you click on the icon the cursor twirls for a bit... then nothing. Nothing happens, no services being in the task manager. I have tried a clean reinstall and still the exact same thing. Any Suggestions please?

Side Note:

I work at a company where we have a corporate licsense. That is the one it gave me the first trouble with. This is AutoCAD 2013, i did a clean reinstall and I still had the same problem. Then out of curiosity I downloaded my student version (the one I have at home) that is AutoCAD 2015, and it still is doing the same thing? I am wondering if CCleaner deleted some files that weren't supposed to be deleted, but won't a clean reinstall fix that?? Please anyone help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

System Restore back to before you 'cleaned" up your PC: assuming you did set a restore point first of course otherwise you miht need to go back a lot further.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try what pendean suggest, if not just try re-install it into another HDD, just to change the location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost