Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad support for Digitizers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jbayne
695 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad support for Digitizers

I am hoping this can be a real quick question. Does Auto CAD still support Digitizers? I have a coworker where I work that is old school and we need to know.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: jbayne

Kinda-sorta.  The real issue is with the drivers, which were a casualty of the Great Intellectual Property War.  Between the variety of mice available, toolbars and the Ribbon, wandering paper templates, and the ability to overlay and work with raster images, I don't miss the tablet one bit.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Just loaded AutoCAD MEP 2015.....and yes, I still use a digitizer (mostly for the 16 buttons on the puck). I have an old Calcomp Drawingboard digizer that I use with the drivers from Digitizer Technologies (the guy that won the lawsuit). It does work with AutoCAD 2015 (Windows 7 Pro), but seems a little finicky. Sometimes it is non-responsive when I start AutoCAD. Then I do a cold re-boot and all works well for the remainder of the session. I just installed it today, so I'll have to see how it works going forward. It worked fine with AutoCAD 2014 and previous versions before that.

Good luck and say hello to "Old School" for me.

-JIm

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

care to share the driver?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, the driver gets locked to the machine via an authorization code. I believe you can download a trial version at Vtablet.com

The driver worked fine yesterday and today (no re-boot issue as previously mentioned)

-JIm

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost