AutoCAD simplifies/extrapolates/segmentates object/curves when coping them

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jacob
589 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD simplifies/extrapolates/segmentates object/curves when coping them

Hy,

this is making me crazy. I am designing a microfluidic chip structure in simple 2D, however there are quite some array of copies.

Now when I copy sets of objects the quality of the objects are losening quality. Like you see on the picture I zoomed in and you see the curved parts getting segmented more and more. When I store it that way it seems to stay that way. Not completely sure if that is a viewing problem or a decomplexification of the real CAD data ... which would be HORRIBLE if AutoCAD does that without a notification.

How can I prevent that behaviour? I wanna have my structures stay the way a drew it!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jacob
in reply to: jacob

To mention that drawing is submillimeter scale ... 0.002mm ist the smallest distance.
Message 3 of 7
M_Hensley

Usually this is just a display issue, and if you REGEN it goes away. You can also try setting VIEWRES to 20000 and WHIPARC to 1 and see if that helps any.

Message 4 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: M_Hensley

A little more elaboration: because working with curves is computationally expensive, AutoCAD "cheats" when displaying them and uses straight segments instead.  The variables mentioned control how much cheating is done - less cheating requires more processing.  Note that this is *only* in the display, not the actual data.

Not sure if you are drawing with all those decimals or not... a unit is a unit, and the user can select what it means in order to make a good drawing.  For example if everything is on the micron scale one unit could be one micron to save a lot of zero-point-zerozerozerozeroblahblah data entry and display.  If this needs to exist in something that is in a larger scale (e.g. millimeters), then the larger object can be done with one unit as one millimeter, and the circuitry referenced in and scaled appropriately.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
jacob
in reply to: dgorsman

Thank you guys, that did. the job!
After changing those setting things where displayed correctly and I know it's not a native data error, which makes me relax. 😉

Also thank you for the deeper explanation.

Are those settings program or file specific?
Message 6 of 7
sthompson1021

VIEWRES is saved in the dwg, WHIPARC is a system setting.

Message 7 of 7
jacob
in reply to: sthompson1021

THX!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost