Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD R12/LT2 DXFs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SobotecLtd
1520 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD R12/LT2 DXFs

We are using AutoCAD 2013/2014 full version.

When trying to save the R12 dxf file onto the network share, dell precision pcs running windows 7 x64 would completely freeze and crash.

Other files get saved on the network without any issues. Network share is located on Windows Server Standard 2008 R2.

The same dxf file saves on the local computer drive just fine. 

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: SobotecLtd

is this every .dxf file or just some that won't save to the network

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean
in reply to: SobotecLtd

R12DXF is one heck of a translation down process: have to tried to export to R12-DWG first then DXFOUT to R12DXF format?

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD (there is a dash in the command name) is the tool to use for the first step, DXFOUT command for the second step. Ensure you AUDIT (fix errors) and PURGE your file(s) first before you start.
Message 4 of 5
SobotecLtd
in reply to: DarrenP

It seems to be random DXFs. One thing that may be common with the files is it as originally a 2010 file saved up to a 2013 and then now back down to an R12.

Message 5 of 5
SobotecLtd
in reply to: pendean

As it is random I will have to wait for the problem to come up again and I will try this solution. Our work around which seems to work most times is, we will wblock the  entire drawings to the local computer, save it as the dxf and copy it back to the server.

I will get back to you to let you know if this works, but I would assume it will, just to many steps for some of the designers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost