Did you mean: 

Autocad problem Copy/Paste/Save

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
416 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad problem Copy/Paste/Save

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with some autocad files with an object copied from another drawing. Now they take longer than usual to copy/paste or save. Once the file is "corrupted", if you copy anything to another file this one will have the same problem as well. The file size has gone up to 7MB when it shoul b less than 1. I tried PURGE and Scale List reset and it didn't work.

Any ideas?

This is happening all around the office and it is really anoying.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Go into model space and then zoom extents.  Right click your mouse and pick clipboard and copy.  Window (do not use cross) all geometry.  Open a new drawing using a template file.  Right click your mouse and pick paste.  Purge the drawing and save as a temp file.  It should have all the hidden garbage removed.  You can now replace the original corrupted drawing.

Message 3 of 6
Patchy

There is a patch to purge microstation linetype, you might needed that to down size the file.

Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thank you very much for your help.

I found the solution that works amazingly well:

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3adrawingpu...

😉

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Having the exact same issue. Found plenty of threads where people with the issue were the last people to reply, so they never got the help by replying to similar threads, so I created a new thread.

I'll try the most recently-posted fix tomorrow, but so far I've tried everything including the thigns in this thread (except the most recent post) and nothing has worked. I've spent around 4 hours trying to resolve this problem now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost