AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

david.peacock
Message 1 of 4 (777 Views)

AutoCad Mechanical Desktop Shortcut open Standard AutoCAD

777 Views, 3 Replies
09-13-2012 07:58 AM

I'm creating some AutoCAD Mechanical Deplyments from a network licence. However I want to create a shortcut that opens AutoCAD not AutoCAD Mechanical from the deployment. So when they are installed I dont have to create a new shortcut on each user's PC. However when I try to create a custom shortcut I keep getting the error that the parameter is wrong (which was just the path with the profile VANILLA). And there is no install AutoCAD with a desktop icon like there is in this video for the Artichture one, at 0.46.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fGoZWJmnAw

Can someone tell me how to make this shortcut from the deployment? Thanks. Screen shots would be very useful aswell.

Valued Mentor
RayFeiler
Message 2 of 4 (766 Views)

Re: AutoCad Mechanical Desktop Shortcut open Standard AutoCAD

09-13-2012 09:54 AM in reply to: david.peacock

Maybe this will help. See attached shortcut.

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 64-Bit

Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
david.peacock
Message 3 of 4 (738 Views)

09-17-2012 01:13 AM in reply to: david.peacock

This is just the shortcut.....this doesnt answer my question at all. I know how to get a shortcut, but I want to do it during deployment rather than have the mechanical shortcut I just want the AutoCad shortcut. I dont want to go through each computer and add a shortcut seperately.

Cheers

daniel.snyder
Message 4 of 4 (317 Views)

11-20-2013 07:59 AM in reply to: david.peacock
Perhaps this will help. I was getting the Invalid shortcut parameter error when entering the full path information into the custom shortcut field. Entering only /p VANILLA solved the problem. See the following instructions for full details. The following instruction explains how to create a desktop shortcut for the Standard AutoCAD during the client deployment of Product Design Suite Standard 2014. By default an shortcut for AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 is created on the desktop, but not for Standard AutoCAD 2014. Modify the client deployment by running the “Create & modify a deployment” application for Product Design Suite Standard 2014. There is a screen shot in the attachment. 1. Enter the configuration for AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 2. Navigate to the User Preference section of the configuration 3. Check the box next to the “Create a desktop shortcut for AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 – English” 4. Click in the field under Shortcut Name and enter the name for the custom shortcut (eq. AutoCAD 2014) 5. Click in the field under the Shortcut Parameters and enter /p VANILLA (make sure to put two left arrows in front of VANILLA and two right arrows after VANILLA) This procedure will cause the installation routine to automatically place an additional shortcut on the Windows desktop for Standard AutoCAD. The following parameters will show up in the detail properties of the shorcut
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.