Did you mean: 

AutoCad mechanical 2015 launching problem

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
morglum007
293 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCad mechanical 2015 launching problem

Hello everybody,

Recently, as part of our upgrade policy, we got the Autodesk Suite which included AutoCAD Mechanical. As of now, Inventor 2015 is working fine, but when launching AutoCAD we found a weird problem (please find attachment).

To short it, it apparently loads correctly, and then... nothing, completely blocked. I cannot do anything else, no buttons works, so I need to kill the process.

Any idea, suggestion, reason of why this is happening?

Thank you so much in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
morglum007
in reply to: morglum007

Hello all again,

Since it seems no one is having this issue, I am trying to figure it out by doing some tests. If I load an example dwg, as the one in the examples folder (gs_shaft.dwg), it loads OK, but screen got freezed, and no buttons or actions are allowed.

I have reinstalled it from scrach replacing all the files and the block is still there, so it seems it has something to do with the original boot options.

As I have read from other posts for inventor, it seems something with acwebbrowser.exe or something like running in the background is interfering with the normal launching procedure. In fact, I realized that these.exe services are running on and off continously.

If I open up the task manager,it pops up, and when acwebbrowser.exe is launched, Mechanical goes to the front screen and hides the task manager. I cannot even kill that, and is running on and off continuously.

Any suggestion on how to deactivate this when running mechanical? I think this service is the core problem I am facing right now. I am trying to locate the same solution deactivating the home stuff as in inventor, but mechanical doesnt have that option in the registry.

Thank you so much in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost