AutoCAD Lt 2015 Crosshair/cursors disappears in viewports

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
anders_epost
27741 Views, 24 Replies

AutoCAD Lt 2015 Crosshair/cursors disappears in viewports

Helloo!

Just uppgraded to AutoCAD Lt 2015. It looks fine, but there is one major bug: When I change to paperspace and double-clicks a viewport, the crosshair, pickboxes and all cursor-related items are totaly invisible.

This allso applies to lines, polylines and circles: they are unvisible while drawing them (in active viewport), but appears when the final click is done. But whitout seeing them it's hard to know where to place this 'final klick...

Very annoying....

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
Patchy
in reply to: anders_epost

Doubt it's a bug, it has to do with configuring your video card.

Message 3 of 25
anders_epost
in reply to: Patchy

It can't possible be the videocard:
All drawing and cursors works fine in modelspace, and in paperspace as long as I don't activate the viewport.

They disapear when I activate the viewport, and reappears when I unactivates it...

Message 4 of 25
braudpat

Hello

Have you tried with "Graphic Hardware Acceleration" OFF ?

Have you tried with LINESMOOTHING = 0 ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 25
pendean

Sadly, this is not unique to 2015. Here are tips from the last few years you can explore and try:
https://www.google.com/search?q=AutoCAD+Crosshair+disappears+in+viewports
Message 6 of 25
slveng
in reply to: braudpat

Thank you Pat. The "LINESMOOTHING =0" option to linesmooting worked for my autocad 2015 that had this problem ... at least for now

slv
Message 7 of 25
MTC62

Thanks braudpat, I left Hardware Acceleration on.....but it seems disabling "Smooth Line Display" in graphics performance has worked for me as well. In fact, as soon as I turn it back on my cursor disappears.
Message 8 of 25
nrz13
in reply to: MTC62

If you want to keep LINESMOOTHING on, for some people just turning LINEFADING off will also fix the disappearing crosshairs glitch.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 9 of 25
KeithHarvey3816
in reply to: nrz13

Thank you, this worked for me.

Message 10 of 25
dsopha
in reply to: slveng

Thanks this solved this.

Message 11 of 25
braudpat

Hello

Yes sometimes you can keep LINESMOOTHING = ON 

But you have to disable LINEFADING (LINEFADING = OFF)

For me (ACAD 2015 x64) and my Quadro 1000M 2 Gb (Dell Precision M4600) and its latest NVidia driver v3.33 (05/2014)

I can run ACAD 2015 with harware acceleration ON and all special effects ON (LINESMOOTHING, LINEFADING, etc)

but I have to disable the "NVidia AntiAliasing FXAA" feature inside the driver for the "ACAD.exe" program !

In theory, the future SP 1 for 2015 must address this problem !?

An other solution : wait for new ATI/NVidia drivers ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 25
ckraucunas

Didn't have this issue until we upgraded to 2015.  LINEFADING = OFF worked for me.  Glad this thread was still active!

Message 13 of 25
kurt012

I also did not have this issue until we upgraded to 2015.  LINEFADING = OFF seems to have worked for me too.  This has been bugging me for months. Thanks.

Message 14 of 25
thirdmoth
in reply to: kurt012

Thanks for having this thread. It is a terrible challenge to keep up with these stupid things that make the program harder to use which get added to each new release.

Message 15 of 25
Designer2060

Pat, thank you very much for this tip.  I set linesmoothing=OFF in 2015 and I can see my cursor again.  Now I can use the layer freeze button inside a viewport without the cursor disappearing.  Very helpful.

Message 16 of 25
lcevans

Linesmoothing worked for me. Thanks!
Message 17 of 25
kennykenmo
in reply to: slveng

this worked for me!

cheers!
Message 18 of 25

hELLO, IN MY CASE, WAS A PROTECTED FILE AGAINST CHANGE. I USE OTHER FILE AS A PATTERN AND THIS WORKS FOR ME.
Message 19 of 25
fcernst

Thanks!!!  Turning off LINEFADING worked for solving the problem in for my Civil 3D 2106 installation... 

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 20 of 25
RalphHTulisPE

Unfortunately LINEFADING = OFF does NOT work for me.

Best workaround is to close the drawing, exit & restart AutoCAD.

Not happy when this occurs, and I have yet to notice a consistent sequence of events that makes the cursor disappear.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost