Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2014 Layer States won't save

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
knmdk
299 Views, 0 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2014 Layer States won't save

Hey there,

Say I've got 2 layer states: "All On" & "Plotting". "All On" is applied to Model space (all layers setup with no hiding and freezing). "Plotting" is applied inside Viewport in Layout. I wish to change settings of layer state "Plotting" using Layer States Manager. I go to LSM, select "Plotting" and hit "Edit..." button. Once I do required corrections I hit "OK" (dialog window title "Edit Layer State: Plotting") and then hit "Close" at the bottom of LSM window.

If I apply my edited layer state "Plotting" once again inside Viewport nothing happens. If I go back to LSM and check my layer state with "Edit..." button I see changes made earlier haven't been saved at all.

The only way I can deal with it is by making changes to layers inside Viewport through Layer Properties and then going to LSM and hitting "Save" (or "New") button.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. Command Line is silent. No External References are involved. Sometimes this works as it should (changes are saved after editing through LSM). Other times it works as it should after restarting AutoCAD. I couldn't figure out any consistent pattern of the issue. Seems some other people are experiencing this issue as well.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost