Did you mean: 

Autocad help for a beginner.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
a2-dalton
209 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad help for a beginner.

Hello everyone,

I desperately need some help with a project i am doing at the moment. im stuck on the following question:

For window W5 in bed 2, change the following:-

i) Width from 1780 to 1352mm about the same centre line.

ii) Depth from 1200 to 900mm keeping the same head.

Revise all associated parts of the drawing that are affected by this change,

updating title sheets and all affected drawing tabs.

I understand how to change the width of the window but cant work out how to change the depth. If someone could briefly expalin to me how to do this i could be VERY grateful.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: a2-dalton

Sounds like homework to me 🙂

There are no windows/doors objects in AutoCAD: all I see in your file are a bunch of lines representing walls, windows, and others, with some blocks.

Sadly, this is not the place to learn the basics of CAD and Architecture Drafting, it would take too long to teach you how to fix your drawing.

STRETCH command may be thew quick way to fix the "window": you need to talk to your "architect" about how that 'window' gets resized and how that is represented. Same with the walls.

Message 3 of 4
gguevarra
in reply to: pendean

As pendean was saying, yes, the stretch command will probably do the trick for you. Couple things to note though:

• To revise the depth of your window, you'll have to find it on the wall elevation, right click, and use the block editor. It appears that the window assembly was made into a block. In the block editor, you can use the stretch command to revise the window depth. You'll have to play with the window swing lines to make sure they continue to stay at the midpoint of that vertical jamb.
  • It appears that the block has a built in wipeout to hide the wall finish hatch in the elevation. You'll have to resize the wipeout as well so the wall elevation shows properly.
Message 4 of 4
kadmonkee8
in reply to: a2-dalton

in the attached image i dimensioned the window to confirm what you are asking.

i changed the precision of the units and dimension style ABA-050

please try to show which dimensions you need to adjust

it sounds like a simple stretch command to accomplish both

window dims.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost