Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad hatch pattern

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
autocadding
1936 Views, 4 Replies

autocad hatch pattern

I want to create a hatch pattern of horizontal lines for a wall tile that follow this pattern:

first course - 200mm high

second course - 200mm high

third course - 300mm high

tile width - 600mm

can't figure it out - all the help pages online have explanations for incredibly complicated patterns with dashes / dots / zigzags.. you name it! 

Can anyone recommend a good help page with simple step by step instruction to create a basic pattern of lines, then how to offset, then diagonals.. 

thanks!Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
autocadding
in reply to: autocadding

Oh! I think I figured it out.. Let me know if there's a simpler way....

0, 0, 0, 0, 700

0, 0, 200, 0, 700

0, 0, 400, 0, 700

90, 0, 0, 0, 600

Message 3 of 5
hugha

That's exactly right.

Edit:  Here's a tutorial on creating a brick pattern:

http://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/Blogs/Blog.aspx?ScoId=da5b7856-32cc-4f3c-a96a-bf7d9f880fe4

Creating simpler patterns - even with angled lines - follows the same principles but the arithmetic becomes tedious as pattern complexity increases.

Have a look at the simpler patterns (e.g AR-HBONE) in ACAD.PAT to work out how the lines fit together.

Hugh Adamson

www.hatchkit.com.au

Message 4 of 5
autocadding
in reply to: hugha

Thanks! Just seeing this now. 

Problem is - that even when I figure out how to make a pattern, the whole numerical sequence is so completely non-intuitive that I forget almost within a day how I've done it.

I thought SUPERHATCH was the solution when I first learned about it - but for example, when you use it to create a floor tile pattern in an area that requires 100 insertions - you get 100 overlapping boundary lines.

There should be some sort of AutoCAD system where you could just generate a hatch pattern sequence just by drawing lines within a programming window, for example. 

A dialogue box would be really helpful for generating patterns since it could specify height, width, location of lines..

Thanks, though. 

Message 5 of 5
pendean

"...A dialogue box would be really helpful for generating patterns since it could specify height, width, location of lines.."
HATCH command's SETTINGS sub-option for predefined hatches, for custom hatches you probably need to purchase a third party tool like HATCHKIT among others http://www.hatchkit.com.au/faq.php

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost