Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad for grids w/ text/symbols inside?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fofura
874 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad for grids w/ text/symbols inside?

Hello,

I know nothing of autocad, only that (hopefully), by divine fate the word came to my head after leaving yet another printing/design shop with bad news. I only have a beat up original paper copy in my possession to work off of, and need to make an 18x24" overall poster with a simple text/illustration banner up top (irrelevant if I can't get the table/grid/graph made) with 1/4 inch bleed lines. I am trying to make a grid which is 16 rows across by 16 down of 256 rectangles with a type of binary code inside each small rectangle with two word text also in each rectangle. No one I have talked to has said there is a way to use a jpg and then rework the original in a program to make crisp black lines etc, make small changes. I refuse to beleive that in this day and age I am going to have to resort to honest to God cut and paste work making a mock up which I then photograph to jpg, add a banner with text in adobe, then convert to pdf to finally get a print ready file for the printers. For the love of God, one of you geniuses on here must know what autocad is capable of doing. I need a rectangular grid of 256 boxes with ability to add text inside each one, and small symbols. There has to be some oddball work around besides the cut and paste. Anyone who can shed light on this for me wins the "I am eternally grateful to you for life" prize!!! Any versions of autocad, any clues please, as I have not found any help in my area from graphic designers, printers, etc.,; they don't have the programs needed and I know something must exist out there that can get me as close as possible to success.

Thank you!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: fofura

Welcome to the Forums

You can draw it using lines. DON'T WORRY that's the LOOOOONG way to do it.

The short way is to create a TABLE, just like in the attached drawing.

To create two lines of text in one cell you need to hold down the ALT key and press ENTER

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
fofura
in reply to: hwalker

OMG! A reply already! I actually don't use autocad, am just trying to find a solution so now can search out an autocad nerd wizard to hire and pray they don't run. If I know it can be done than I should be able to find someone up to the task. 🙂 Thank you for responding!  I can't open that file on my lappie. Is there somewhere online I can get it open? I'll dig around online...

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 5
fofura
in reply to: hwalker

A Hah! I got it open. The problem there is I need it in tall rectangles, narrower and longer, and about 17 inches wide by 20 height with the space for a banner. The table dimensions can be changed to anything sky's the limit and saved to large format pdf?
Message 5 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: fofura

This is a PDF of the drawing which I attached.

And here is a link for Drawing viewers from Autocad

http://www.autodesk.com/products/dwg/viewers

EDIT:

The column widths and row heights can be changed to what you want. You need to use the PROPERTIES function in Autocad to do that. Whoever you hire should be able to work with that drawing.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost