Did you mean: 

autocad excessive linetype and text styles cannot be deleted

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
cross_112877
2888 Views, 6 Replies

autocad excessive linetype and text styles cannot be deleted

hello , i had been using autocad for almost 10 years now and i always have the newer version for my line of work.

i am having trouble with the excessive styles that shows whenever i copy and paste then the problems occur after that most often. copy paste problems, fatal errors, and my computer hangs most of the time.

i have one solution but it takes me too much time. saving to dxf (dxf out or by save as)

i just want to know if there are other solutions for it , the easiest way to delete this excesive styles.

please help me out.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

Without seeing one of your drawings it's difficult to give any specific tips, if you can upload one of those drawings that might help us to give better suggestions.

The first tip that might help is >>>DGN Cleanup Tool<<<

If that does not help, upload a drawing or at least let us know what styles are the problematic ones (type of style and name).

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
cross_112877
in reply to: cross_112877

thanks sir it really helped me a lot

i really did not know that there was already a hotfix for this issue

i did try to fix the problem in 2011 , 2012 and 2013 and it works much faster than making it to dxf again

im spreading it out as of now to other pc as well

thank you very much

Message 4 of 7
Jim410
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

When i click on the AutoCAD_2013_2014_DGN_CleanUp_Tool.exe link, it says file not found. i too have 7000 line types i need to purge from a file. is there an active fix?

Message 5 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: Jim410

Message 6 of 7
mwalsvik
in reply to: Patchy

I would love to come up with a solution to fix this problem in my office as well. It is killing my cad techs. Any help on the location of the cleanup tool? I would love to send something to my IT/Cad Manager.
Message 7 of 7
cross_112877
in reply to: mwalsvik

upgrade to 2015 they have it in purge command already. if you are using lower version you will be needing the hotfix

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-C2-AE-dgn-hot...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost