Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
golf32902
479 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Error

I have a user that is getting an error / chrash when he leave his AutoCAD file for lunch.

Here is the error id that i can pull form the dmpuserinfo.xml.

<ErrorDescription AllowRT="0" CrashID="{8B92C6EA-3069-4A1C-8E7E-15F0313335DF}" CrashDate="1/27/2015" id="15"/>

I was wondering if anyone know what is the problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

Can you create a new user login or use an admin login on the same machine and test whether you can reproduce the issue. If not, can you ask the user to submit the crash report to us and provide us the email address they have used for submitting it. I will be able to track the report and suggest accordingly.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: golf32902

Hi,

>> chrash when he leave his AutoCAD file for lunch

Besides of I would never let AutoCAD running when I'm not working with it (loosing performance the longer an application is loaded in Windows) verify that the energy saving options for network, display and maybe usb-devices are not going into sleep mode.

It might also be worth to disable screensaver (or change it to a default one).

One question: when does the error appear? ...when coming back and start working or anytime within the break (before coming back to the workstation).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 9
golf32902
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

The error happens when the user is back at there laptop and after lunch's break. The only thing that they say they were doing was on IE visiting CNN.com. This is the only thing.

I checked the the power settings and changed the sleep and hibernate from never to 30 minuets for the sleep and 360 for hibernate.

Message 5 of 9

I sent you a privet message containing my email account that I used. Hopefully this helps.

Message 6 of 9
jggerth1
in reply to: golf32902

Best option is to close autocad over lunch.  Leaving it running and chewing up memory/processor is a great way to experience problems that are avoidable.

Message 7 of 9

Hi,

I agree with our expert elites. Is there a reason why you would like to keep AutoCAD running and idle for such a long time like lunch hours. Also you can see license being returned at times, if the program is idle for a longer time. We would recommend the user to save and close the AutoCAD session if its not going to be used for sometime. This will also release the memory back to the system.

I looked at your Crash reports. May I also know whether you are using Vanilla AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil 3D. Also may I know your AutoCAD version and the service packs that you have installed for that version. If not, you could download them from the link below.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads#?sort=score

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 8 of 9

Hi,

Good day to you.

Just wanted to check with you for an update. Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

We will be glad to assist you further.

Your understanding and support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day !

Thanks,
Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 9 of 9

Sorry for the late responce, we are using vanilla 2014 AutoCAD mechanical with no service packs installed. The product version is 1.18.0.0.

I haven't heard anything about any crashs lately, so hopfully it is fix, but I will check out later today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost