AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

lilkitkat80
Message 1 of 7 (1,716 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD error message - unrecognized version and cannot be read

1716 Views, 6 Replies
07-26-2012 01:23 PM

I've started getting this random errror message today when doing random commands, such as switching from model space to my layouts and vice versa, or the undo command, "unrecognized version and cannot be read"  and then it gives me the Ok/Cancel option.  I hit OK, then says "is not recognized syntax, select OK to ignore or Cancel to abort"  And I hit ok, and the command is carried out, but slowly.

I've looked this error up and it seems to have been around since 2000.  It looks like it has something to do with print files and scripts, but we haven't added or changed any in years.  Although I have been having printer issues.  Yesterday this started and it's still happening - when I press the print button, no matter what printer is set to, it would take 2 minutes to see the dialog box, 2 minutes for just a preview, then 2 minutes or more to start printing.  It doesn't sound like a long time, but it adds up!  And it's still doing that on CAD alone... printing is quick in other programs.

I'm on AutoCAD 2013, Windows 7, 64 bit OS.

Anyone have any ideas?  I wish I could give a prize to the right answerer... maybe bragging rights :smileyhappy:

Did you load an old lisp or customization recently? Or trying out a reactor? or grab a freebie from the online store?

Or change your Widnows log-in, or Autodesk profile?

If you log into Windows as someone else (with Admin credentials ideally) does the problem continue?

As for the plotting item, did you move the server/folder where you save shared PC3 or plot style tables? Or edit the paths in OPTIONS>Files? or load a raster/PDF into the DWG file(s)?

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 7 (1,704 Views)

Re: AutoCAD error message - unrecognized version and cannot be read

07-26-2012 01:38 PM in reply to: lilkitkat80

Turn off the plot stamp when plot to see if it goes away.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 7 (1,705 Views)

07-26-2012 01:39 PM in reply to: lilkitkat80

Did you load an old lisp or customization recently? Or trying out a reactor? or grab a freebie from the online store?

Or change your Widnows log-in, or Autodesk profile?

If you log into Windows as someone else (with Admin credentials ideally) does the problem continue?

As for the plotting item, did you move the server/folder where you save shared PC3 or plot style tables? Or edit the paths in OPTIONS>Files? or load a raster/PDF into the DWG file(s)?

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
a3dtot
Message 4 of 7 (1,702 Views)

07-26-2012 01:41 PM in reply to: lilkitkat80

Don't know about having the answer but I have run into this as well. It is random but it does seem to be linked to the printing. Ours is network based and on a couple of occassions when we were having problems with the network or printer this error would occur. Then it would stop on it's own sometimes when the printing problem was fixed. Our IT people re worked our printer connections and reset our printers on individual computers and have not had the problem ever since.

Good luck

lilkitkat80
Message 5 of 7 (1,690 Views)

07-26-2012 02:27 PM in reply to: pendean

pendean you are the winner! :smileyhappy:  I looked at the Plot Style Table search path, and I had added C: and that's why it was taking so long!  It was looking through my whole computer for plotsyles and the error messages probably were a result of it being confused.  I just needed it to find plotstyles in 2 folders and I've got that.   Thank you sooo much! :catvery-happy:

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 7 (1,680 Views)

07-26-2012 04:29 PM in reply to: lilkitkat80

I'll take a Heiniken please :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
lilkitkat80
Message 7 of 7 (1,665 Views)

07-27-2012 08:12 AM in reply to: lilkitkat80

Here you go Pendean!  TGIF :smileyhappy:

heineken.jpg

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.