Did you mean: 

Autocad doing commands at random

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
thisisme19
1066 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad doing commands at random

Hey all,

Just gonna start of by saying sorry for the lack of clarity in the subject of the post. Just couldn't come up with a way to explain the issue in a few words.

The problem I'm having is an odd one. I'll type a command into the command line (typically through a keyboard shortcut) and Autocad recognizes that it's the command I want, then in the series of clicks and inputs for the command it will seemingly cancel the command I was in the middle of and execute a different one at what seems like random. ex. I type in 'tr' for trim and then go to select the fence and trim and before I can the command turns into copy instead... or it will try and render something, so it will bring up a toolbar... All 3 of these events happened when I started with the trim command so it doesn't seem to be confusing 1 command with another it's just doing random junk. This happens when I do different commands and seems to come and go in spurts. Super annoying!

A little bit of background that might help. Yesterday I was having trouble with opening drawings. I would open the file, it would load up fine initially and then it would freeze before the drawing fully loaded. and in the process it would kick out a 'ACAD.lsp' file to my desktop that was filled with gibberish. If I hit esc immediately after opening it seemed to work fine, so I figured it was something in the startup suite, I cleared all the lisps I had loaded up and cleared all the startup settings I had created and that didn't work. So I ended up resetting autocad back to it's default settings and then loaded up my profile and .pgp file and everything seemed to be all good. Never figured out what caused that problem in the first place but figured whatever it was got cleared up with the settings reset. Don't know if these events are connected but it seems like they might be.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: thisisme19

Are you using your mouse' right-click button for <enter>?
Message 3 of 8
thisisme19
in reply to: pendean

Yeah, right mouse click is set to be enter.

Message 4 of 8
scot-65

Try this:
(setvar "INPUTSEARCHDELAY" 1200)

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 5 of 8
thisisme19
in reply to: scot-65

My search delay is set to 1500 and I don't have autocomplete enabled. I've encountered that problem before, this is different. It's not searching or trying to complete my input and getting a different command than intended. I'll actually be in the middle of a command when it happens. For instance, I will go to trim something, type in the command, pick the line I want to trim to and then as I'm going to select the lines I want to trim it's like autocad short circuits and is then in the middle of a different command. I don't know how else to explain it and I can't reproduce the situation on demand. Where the command short circuits and to what command is different everytime....

Message 6 of 8

Ever find a solution to this? I have a coworker with the same issue, random commands being exicuted during another command. (autocad LT 2015)

The most recent they were erasing and somehow got into the laydel command.

Message 7 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Wilmesarchitects

Tip above, INPUTSEARCHDELAY variable, set it to 1200 perhaps.
Or turn off INPUTHISTORYMODE variable
Or Change PICKDRAG from 2 to 0
Message 8 of 8
GrantsPirate

That sounds like a virus, search the internet for "acad.lsp virus".

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost