Did you mean: 

Autocad does not open in windows 8.1

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2451 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad does not open in windows 8.1

Good afternoon guys,

I installed autocad 2014 on my windows 8 and it worked perfectly, but soon after installation did windows update to 8.1 and then immediately opened the autocad not more, telling me the following message:

Sem título.jpg

honestly do not know what else to do since I installed autocad pack 1 already changed the rse.dll and nothing works, could someone help me?

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Sadly, you should not have done that. There is no fix. some users report removing all instances of all versions of AutoCAd software plus removing all versions of .NET, restaring Windows, upgrading all drivers for all your system components to true Win8.1 compliant versions, reinstalling AutoCAD then reinstalling only the .NET versions your system needs is a fix.

Others have resorted to reformatting the hardrive, reinstalling Win8, performaing the 8.1 update, then installing all their software as a fix.

A few has gone back to Win8 and stayed there: this may not be an option for you.
Message 3 of 9
dgorsman
in reply to: pendean

Despite the numbering, changing from Win8 to Win8.1 isn't a simple patch or update but effectively a new operating system.  Like any other operating system migration there are effects on software operation and licensing.  When changing operating systems its best to do extensive research beforehand (such as whether current software is supported under the new version) and start from scratch.  Its also makes for a good opportunity to clear out the deadwood of old programs and settings which accumulate over the years.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 9
braudpat

Hello

+1 with Dgorsman & Pendean

Upgrading from Win 8.0 to Win 8.1 with an ACAD 2014 already installed and running is the "worst" situation !

You have a "good" chance to install the 2014 (not supported at all by Autodesk) on a "fresh" Win 8.1 ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Dazzman
in reply to: braudpat

AutoCAD 2014 appears to be supported on Windows 8.1

For 64-bit AutoCAD 2014

• Windows® 8 and Windows® 8.1 (requires installation of the Model Documentation hotfix) Standard, Enterprise, or Professional edition, Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium edition (compare Windows versions), or Windows XP Professional (SP2 or later)
Message 6 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: Dazzman

Hello from France

In theory, ACAD 2014 is supported with Windows 8.1 !

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...

But before 15 April 2015, it was not ... as far as I know ...

... Autodesk has moved a little bit !

I know people who could not install ACAD 2014 on Win 8.1 and some others "no problem" !? 

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Dazzman

Ha! did you read the hotfix link notes? It's for after 2014 is up and running LOL

Based on posts all around here, and posted fixes to date, your snippit from Autodesk is not totally factual as a fix for AFTER upgradeing Win8 to Win8.1 with R2014 installed. Like everything else Autodesk posts, it is a guideline for "dieal conditions" where R2014 is to be installed on a PC that was converted to Win8.1 with no AutoCAD software on it.

DGORSMAN's advise still stands: never EVER upgrade Win8 to Win8.1 on a production machine with autoCAD 2014 on it if you want a guarantee that everything will still work.
Message 8 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: pendean

Hello

+1 with Pendean & Dgorsman !

As I said >>>  Upgrading from Win 8.0 to Win 8.1 with an ACAD 2014 already installed and running is the "worst" situation !  <<<

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I made the same mistake as you. The problem is with your license file. If you go to C:\ProgramData\FLEXNet, & remove the files, it will re-register AutoCAD & should work again. I'd suggest cutting the files & pasting them in a new folder, just in case it doesn't work so you can put them back. Downside is that I have no idea whether that will count as a second license use or not. I guess if it's an issue, you could contact Autodesk. Too late for this case, but in the future, the ideal solution is to use the license transfer utility to release your license before doing the update. After updating from W8 to W8.1, then you can transfer the license back to your computer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost