AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

alaaturbo
Message 1 of 2 (3,284 Views)

Autocad dimension and lines scale

3284 Views, 1 Replies
10-07-2012 08:54 AM

Hello

when I draw a shape and add a dimension to it, the text and the numerical and the arrows of the dimension are small, so I have to increase the text height manually

how can I make it automatically scale itself?

also similiar thing with the lines, I tried putting a dashed center line on a shape, it looks solid but when I zoom it it does not.

how can I solve this?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (3,280 Views)

Re: Autocad dimension and lines scale

10-07-2012 09:03 AM in reply to: alaaturbo

Hi,

>> the text and the numerical and the arrows of the dimension are small, so I have to increase the text height

If also arrows are to small then it's not correct to just raise the text-height.

For dimensions there is the variable DIMSCALE (>>>details<<<) that is sometihing like a "global factor for all dimension-subebelement sizes". If you look into the dimension-style you also can modify each seperate size, and also important may be to read about annotative objects (>>>here<<<).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!