Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Constantly Buffers

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
feldaleeargel4527
1825 Views, 12 Replies

AutoCAD Constantly Buffers

I have this problem in my AutoCAD, I am currently using v2013. For some reason it constantly buffers on command probably 3~5 seconds. And even slower (more than 10 seconds) I noticed when I am doing anything with civil drawings referenced and some times it even crushes. During version 2007 & earlier I do not remember experiencing this problem. Every step/command was instantaneous back then, but now it almost always buffers. I have no idea why it is happening and how to fix it. Any assistance is highly appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

"Buffer" may have different meanings to different people - it has specific technical connotations which may not match what you are stating.  A better description may be necessary to get a good solution.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 13

For Clarity, BUFFERS OR BUFFERING in this case means that the AutoCAD freezes with the buffering/freezing wheel (wheel timer- I am not sure what it is called) in the middle of the screen. While this is happening, obviously there's nothing I can do but wait till the screen is active again.
Message 4 of 13

@feldaleeargel4527 wrote:
For Clarity, BUFFERS OR BUFFERING in this case means that the AutoCAD freezes with the buffering/freezing wheel (wheel timer- I am not sure what it is called) in the middle of the screen. While this is happening, obviously there's nothing I can do but wait till the screen is active again.

Post a DWG that demonstrates this behavior.

Message 5 of 13

Here are pictures of the problem, I even video recorded it but is unable to attached here... Hoping this is enough explanation of the problem and hear possible cause and solutions...Thanks.

Message 6 of 13
kentr8
in reply to: feldaleeargel4527

Yep, get that all the time, it means take a break you're overworking the software
Message 7 of 13

@feldaleeargel4527 wrote:

Here are pictures of the problem, I even video recorded it but is unable to attached here... Hoping this is enough explanation of the problem and hear possible cause and solutions...Thanks.

Posting blurry pictures of a spinning blue wheel does nothing to help figure out what is going on.  Try sending a picture of your car not running right to a mechanic and see how far you get.

Post a DWG in which this behavior occurs.  

Message 8 of 13
pendean
in reply to: feldaleeargel4527

System specs? Your files are located where?

Otherwise that's a pain-in-the-*** problem common in Win7 64bit: I get it in AutoCAd, MSOutlook/Word?Excep/Powerpoint, REVIT, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup and more. Can be a slow network connection to your file server or Windows/all other software just not playing nice together. I am told Win8 eliminates it but I have no first hand experience of that yet.
Message 9 of 13

Is that AutoCAD or one of the verticals like Civil3D?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 10 of 13

Thank you.
Message 11 of 13

Just AutoCAD, 2D

Message 12 of 13
feldaleeargel4527
in reply to: pendean

It's in our office server. but the thing is, when I open the same file in someone else's computer, no problem at all. Yeah, mine was upgraded to Win7 64 bit. I notice this problem after, during WinXP (?) or before the upgrade I don't recall experiencing this. Thanks for your thoughts.
Message 13 of 13

Did you fix the buffering problem? Recently having this problem with AutoCAD 2014 LT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost