AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

ethan.trewhitt
Message 1 of 2 (3,153 Views)

AutoCAD component has stopped working

3153 Views, 1 Replies
09-20-2012 10:01 PM

I recently installed the educational version of AutoCAD 2013 on my Windows 7 machine. I'm running the 64-bit version. I also just enabled the 360 sync feature and started getting an annoying popup every 30-60 seconds. This crash occurs regardless of whether I'm running or using AutoCAD.

The dialog states "AutoCAD component has stopped working" and indicates that acsettingsync.exe is the crashing process, having attempted to execute code at address 0x0. Apparently something in the background restarts acsettingsync.exe each time, as evidenced by its crashing again only 30-60 seconds later, rinse and repeat.

The dialog screenshot is attached.

I have SP1.1 installed. The edu version of Autodesk Inventor is also installed on the machine.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (3,114 Views)

Re: AutoCAD component has stopped working

09-24-2012 04:35 AM in reply to: ethan.trewhitt

Hi,

AutoCAD stores the status of your login, so if you was logged in when you ended AutoCAD last time AutoCAD will try to login the next time you start AutoCAD (and also needs more time to start). Try to start AutoCAD, then logout and then try to restart.

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.