AutoCAD Command Line Window Missing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dunnamin
25079 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Command Line Window Missing

Howdy,

I usually keep the Command Line window open on an auxilliary screen along with Properties and the Ribbon.  When I switch to 3d mode, the Command Line window is missing.  I think it is off-screen because I can see commands along with a history when typing one, but I cannot see the window to grab it or dock/undock it.

Ctrl-9 just asks if I want to turn it on/off, and this doesn't help.  I cannot increase my screen resolution to try to see it because my main screen is at its maximum size.  PrintScreen only shows what's visible and nothing more.

I am at a loss after forum and web searches and trying the above solutions.  Can anyone help me to get the window back again?

Thanks,

-- dunn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nrz13
in reply to: dunnamin

[Edit:  nevermind.  I just realized you were talking about the Command Line itself, not the external window for it.  By the way, if you're keeping it on your second monitor anyway, I'd use the AutoCAD Text Window (F2) instead.]

If it's really just off-screen, I've got two things you can try.

1) Alt+Tab and select the AutoCAD Text Window so it is in focus (even if off-screen).  Enter the keyboard shortcut Alt+Spacebar to bring up the titlebar menu.  Press "M" (for move) and use the arrow keys to nudge it back on screen.

2) Set your resolution to a lower one and Windows and panels should bring all of your windows back on screen.  This will mess up desktop icons and rearrange all your open program windows (I'd shut every other program down before doing that).  Then change the resolution back to what you had and see if it's back.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 3 of 5
nrz13

It seems like your 3D workspace was saved at a point in time when it had a larger monitor hooked up to the computer.  You could manually build a 3D workspace using the CUI based off a workspace where the command line is visible, then save your new workspace with a new name.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 4 of 5
nestly2

Open the CUI

Select your workspace in the Upper Left panel

Expand "Palettes" in the upper Right panel

Select "Command Line"

Change the "Orientation" to Bottom in the lower Right panel

http://www.screencast.com/t/AeMkyBOy5be

Message 5 of 5
dunnamin
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you nrz13 and nestly2!

You are absolutely correct, nrz13, that I had the auxiliary screen on the other side at one point.  Thanks for the help.

I used the nestly2 fix and it worked like a charm.  There was even a professionally done screencast!  Whoa!

All fixed now, but I was stumped and a bit frustrated before the help from you guys.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost