AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Geolocation Not Working

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3031 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2015 Geolocation Not Working

Geolocation is not displaying after turning it on. I have tried the following:

1) Opening a .dwg that had displayed properly yesterday.

2) Remaking the geolocation marker.

3) Checked latest updates.

4) Starting a completely new .dwg and setting a new geolocation.

5) Typing "Regen"

6) Switching to a different Visual Style (i.e. 2D Wireframe, Hidden, etc.)

7) Restarting computer.

I may have tried other trouble-shooting meathods, but cannot seem to get the geolocation underlay to show up again. See attached image for what I'm looking at currently. Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting to the A360 forum. This is actually an issue for the AutoCAD team and they are aware of of the issue and working on it.

I'm going to move this to the AutoCAD forum where the other posts are one this. Also be sure to keep checking back in the AutoCAD forum for updates on the issue.

Thanks again for the post and hope this helps.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem with this tool in Autocad LT 2014, the company where I work. Just confirming this would be a technical problem in the existing tool, and are working to resolve?
I would like to be informed, so that the solution is found, depending on much of this wonderful tool, including the principal reason for purchasing the software for the company where I work.

I await news.

Thanks for listening,

Mario Luiz Vieira-Brazil

Message 4 of 10
mflat

We are using the 30 day trial of ACAD.

The first few days Geolocation worked great. Then it quite (similar to other posts - map does not appear in Model Space) and hasn't worked since.

This function is extremely useful in our firm and a prime reason we are consider purchasing the software.

Please post the latest progress on a solution.

- Steve,

Innovative Engineering, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: mflat

from autodesk:

AutoCAD 2014 and 2015 products are experiencing a Bing Maps outage due to a Microsoft security change. The AutoCAD team is working to address this as quickly as possible. Please see the following support article for updates, which will also be visible in product (once available) while using the GeoLocation commands.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/trou​bleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Live-M...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
mflat
in reply to: DarrenP

Hello Darren,

When you say; "which will also be visible in product ", do you mean this fix will come to us as part of an automatic software update or a Service Pack update or something else? (fyi - I'm new to how ACAD is updated when something like this is corrected)

- Steve

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: mflat

The fix was not automatic for me. It took using the old noggin a little to install it. But everything works fine now.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
mflat

Yes, I agree - took some time but is working as advertised now!

Message 9 of 10
f-zamani

How? I have tried the hot fix but unfortunately I am coming up empty. I receive error messages. Can't find specified file or something close to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: f-zamani

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost