Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architectural 2014 Ribbon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bluebull
459 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Architectural 2014 Ribbon

I recently started working in a new office, they are using AutoCAD Architectural 2014.  I am not happy with the way it is set up.

I have this ribbon system that it's very hard to work with and time consuming to find commands.

Is there a way to have the " normal" autoCAD Classic icon strips, to be configured or reinstalled. On the bottom there is no other choice.

In the autoCAD Classic I am able to customize all the commands that I use for easy access. The ribbon type can not be customized, and it takes up to much space on the screen.

I already am able to customize the PGP for keyboard access to most used commands.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: bluebull

Hi,

first of all, there is a special forum for AutoCAD Architecture >>>there<<< (a forum for general questions and one for customization). Here is the forum for plain AutoCAD.

>> and it takes up to much space on the screen

If you would place all old-style menubars on your screen that are availabile by ribbons you would need more space.

And more important: the context-sensitivity in the ribbons is the hottest thing why you should not block that method. Select a hatch or select a wall, a windows ... and you'll see that the ribbon changes to the functions available for the selected objects. It's really am improvment.

>> I have this ribbon system that it's very hard to work with and time consuming to find commands.

Learning something new is always more or less time consuming. If you stay at the old system (and so you don't use the advantages I described above with context sensitivity) that is time consuming too.

With other words:

If you start learning the new UI your "time consuming" argument ends after some days/weeks.

If you don't learn it your "time consuming" argument will never end.

>> The ribbon type can not be customized

Sorry, not correct, it can be fully customized.

>> Is there a way to have the " normal" autoCAD Classic icon strips

AFAIK not when you start Architecture as is, you might load the classic ACAD.CUIX menu instead ... but then you loose everything that makes up Architecture (compared to AutoCAD). But to make sure what profile or menus are really shipped with ACA please ask in the forum I mentioned above. I don't have ACA installed to verify that all.

Happy learning, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: bluebull

The Ribbon is fully customizable: you are using AutoCAD, not CheapoCAD3000 LOL You can also set it to act like pulldown menus, use the little arrow you see up there at the end of the tabs labels and explore it. Your knee-jerk reaction is unwarranted unless you plan to retire soon.

Here are some tutotirals to get you started, talk to your peers at the new place for guidance and tips, and give up the old ways before you get caught being un-hirable: http://www.cad-notes.com/5-autocad-customization-cui-tutorial/
Message 4 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: pendean

I don't think ACAD Architecutre supports the "Classic Workspace" anymore.

Read this thread for more information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014/AutoCAD-2014-Classic-workspace-GONE/td-p/4308794

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost