Did you mean: 

Autocad and Sharepoint integration

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
arueda_ast
1371 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad and Sharepoint integration

Hi,

I've read several posts about SharePoint and AutoCAD integration. My client need to integrate Autocad LT 2014 with SharePoint Foundation 2010. They need to open their drawing files and all their XREFs and also saving it. The key is that we got it using Explorer View in SharePoint and mapping the library folder as a network folder. However, they also new to do the same through the webbrowser.

I've read about the integration through Autodesk vault, but, is it a real option for this need? Have they have to upgrade to sharepoint 2013 to better integration features/add-ins?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgladfelter
in reply to: arueda_ast

Because of the file dependencies (namely xref's), AutoCAD and Sharepoint rarely play well together on their own. Autodesk Vault is (IMHO) the best way to get AutoCAD and Sharepoint to play well together. A few benefits of Vault with AutoCAD:

- Vault will automatically tract all dependencies (xref's, images, etc), and ensure they're added to the Vault.

- Sharepoint search results will include both Sharepoint and Vault information (although I don't believe Vault searches will show Sharepoint information)

- Vault can be configured to create a visualization file upon check-in. A visualization file is basically a DWF that can be used by people without AutoCAD to view a drawing. The web interface of Vault can display this in a users browser, or the Vault client has an integrated viewer as well.

If you're interested in Vault with Sharepoint, I'd recommend cross-posting to the Vault forum. Hope that at least gets you pointed in the right direction.

Donnie

Donnie Gladfelter

Sr. Manager, Technical Staff Development, Bowman

The CAD Geek Blog

Facebook |Twitter |YouTube |LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost