Did you mean: 

Autocad accoreconsole won't print embedded images to pdf

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
gookeeper
4348 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad accoreconsole won't print embedded images to pdf

Hi All

just wondering if anyone is having issues using the accoreconsole.exe, to batch plot drawing to pdf?

none of our embedded images/logos get plotted. im guessing it doesn't support images yet.

i was excited about this addition (it would save me hours a week), but not anymore back to the publisher we go:(

Thanks

Guy

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Albert_Rius
in reply to: gookeeper

Hi,

How are you trying to plot the files?

I tried creating an script to use the DWF to PDF.pc3 (attached)  and it works perfect, all images attached in my file are printed correctly.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Albert Rius
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
gookeeper
in reply to: Albert_Rius

Hi Albert

thanks for the reply! im using the dwg to pdf.pc3

are your images attached or embedded, could this be the issue?

This is the Script im using, and it runs ok from what i can see.

-plot
yes
A1
DWG To PDF.pc3
ISO full bleed A1 (841.00 x 594.00 MM)
m
l
n
Extents
1:1
Center
yes
CC-PENS COLOUR.ctb
n
n
n
n

n
y

run by this bat file

FOR %%f IN ("D:\AutocadPublishZone\*.dwg") DO "D:\01- Installed Software\AutoCAD 2014\accoreconsole.exe" /i "%%f" /s "D:\AutocadPublishZone\PDFPLOTA1.scr" /l en-US

Thanks Guy

Message 4 of 11
gookeeper

Ive just tried a drawing with an embedded image and a attached image,

it seem the concole doesn't like embedded images:(

Message 5 of 11
bjr001

Problem still exists when printing embedded images to pdf with AutoCad core console - is there a solution?

Message 6 of 11
jggerth1
in reply to: bjr001

well, not to put too fine a point on it, don't use OLE for images.  When Attach works (and is vastly more reliable in many ways) OLE is something well worth avoiding.  

Woever -- one thing to check is the Plot and Publish tab on Pptions -- is the "Use OLE application when plotting OLE objects" checked, or unchecked?

Message 7 of 11
dgorsman
in reply to: jggerth1

It occurs to me that OLE could require a graphic UI in order to render the information correctly in the first place.  In which case, nothing could be done for printing in a graphic-less UI.  Regardless, to butcher a phrase: "How do you spell OLE?"  "B - A - D".

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 11
bjr001
in reply to: dgorsman

Okay.. in case embedded images (OLE) won't be printed by core console for real I'm in real trouble... I have quite a number of drawing (>1000) where company logo is embedded inside the title block! Not to mention the drawings where some excel caluclations are embedded too.

So where to go from here? Any ideas....? Smiley Indifferent

I still can't get my head arround OLE won't be printed by core console...

By the way... "Use OLE application when plotting OLE objects" is unchecked, but it does't make any difference if this option is checked/unchecked.

Message 9 of 11
jggerth1
in reply to: bjr001

I wasn't sure if the "Use Ole Application..." check would help or not - but it't the only control that came to mind. sorry to hear it didn't work. Option 2 is to ignore core console, and just run your scripts using the full Acad.exe. It might be a smidgen slower, thanks to loading all the graphical eyecandy, but since it appears that dgorsman is correct in thinking OLE _requires_ a functioning Windows GUI interface to work. Makes sense, since OLE is a Windows function, and running via a console loses direct access to the GUI. The thing to remember about OLE and Acad is that it's like a dancing bear - the amazing part is not how well the bear dances - it's that the bear dances at all! A better, more long term fix, is to not use OLE. Where an image file absolutely must be used, the INSERT command works. In the case of your company logo - the proactive thing to do is to re-create it using native AutoCAD entities (lines, hatches, text, splines, gradients, etc), and work at replacing the OLE version with the native block. For the Excel portion, there are also better options - datalinking, or PasteSpecial as Acad entities to create a table. As dgorsman said, OLE=BAD. There are too many problems with OLE (and have been since the first Windows version of Acad ((R11? R12?)) came out for Windows back in the 90s!!!) to rely on OLE as a critical part of anyone's work flow. Fine to use for unimportant, quick throw-away figures, but that's the limit.
Message 10 of 11
nice-paca
in reply to: jggerth1

Hi, I find this old thread and I have a question. I try to do the same thing, plot with accoreconsole but my lisp doesn't work when I try to load or insert it in the accoreconsole. I try to load it with just test and nothing happens. I try to plot directly (tracer - > plot in french) My plot script is correct, I try in acad.exe Have you got any suggestions? I have an idea that, maybe, accoreconsole doesn't support the 'command' lisp. How can I do? Each files have several plots. If I publish them, I need to create a DSD (big waste of time). Thanks, Frederic
Message 11 of 11
gookeeper
in reply to: nice-paca

Hi Nice

Im no expert on this, but this is what i have if it will help

.bat files contains

FOR %%f IN ("D:\AutocadPublishZone\*.dwg") DO "D:\01- Installed Software\AutoCAD 2015\accoreconsole.exe" /i "%%f" /s "D:\AutocadPublishZone\PDFPLOTA1.scr" /l en-US

and my .scr is as image attached

Hope this can help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost