Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
moe1995
416 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2015

Hi, I recen5ly downloaded AutoCAD on my laptop which is 3200x1800 resolution. But my AutoCAD is really small can anyone help me fix it?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: moe1995

hi what do you mean? can post some screen shot?

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

I am using often ACAD 201X on a 27" screen (Resolution: 2560x1440) ...

So I can admit that a laptop with 3200x1800 screen, could be "difficult to use/see" for ACAD and some others programs ...

And with the display on an external screen 24/27", is it ok ?

Today some people are buying Laptops without a too high resolution for this reason !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
PatrickHughes

moe1995,

You can easily adjust the resolution of your laptop.

Click on the Windows Start button and type into the search box "resolution" Several options will be found. Of course you must realize that all of your programs will take on a larger appearance. Another option may be to adjust the text size and other object sizes such as Title bars, Scroll bars, Button sizes, etc.

Or reading glasses may help. Smiley Wink

Patrick Hughes

Engineered Design Solutions
Developer of CadTempo - Cad Time Tracking
www.cadtempo.com
Message 5 of 8
braudpat
in reply to: PatrickHughes

Hello

YES but resizing your Windows Interface to 125% or 150% because you have a very high resolution is not ALWAYS a s good solution ...

People with a 4K display complain more about this problem !!

For example :

http://www.cad-notes.com/autocad-text-overlapped-in-some-palettes

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/4k-monitor-display-issues/td-p/5081746

So Good Luck and thks for your feedbacks ...

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
cadmentr
in reply to: braudpat

Hi: 

Our company recently upgraded to R2015. I finally have my machine the way that I want it except for the Layers toolbar.

In 2013 the Layers tool bar had 3 different pulldowns on it. The Layer pulldown, the linetype pulldown and the lineweight pulldown, allowing you to use the "by layer" function in each one of the layer and linetype pulldowns.

How do I these back to this toolbar, or add that functionality back on the layer 1 toolbar. I'm quite familiary with customization, and have not been able to find those 2 drop down menus in the command CUI interface.

Can you help please??

I'm working on old client drawings that would be vastly improved by having these 2 features available.

Regards,

Adriana West (cadmentr)

Message 7 of 8
braudpat
in reply to: cadmentr

Hello Adriana

Please could you create a NEW Topic/Thread for your problem/question !

THIS thread is speaking about "very high" resolution and ACAD 201X ...

Thks in advance !

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: cadmentr

Get your own thread, hijacking another thread destroys the ability to help the original post and user. Do you act like that at gatherings in person? probably not 🙂

If you still have 2013, simply copy from that CUIx file to the 2015 CUIx file using CUI commands/ Transfer tab.

As a general rule, pulldowns in old classic toolbars are simply other old classic toolbars placed in that top toolbar. In this case, you need 4-toolbars total.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost