Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Tray Icons

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DaveFuller
2193 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Tray Icons

Previously, in 2013 (never got around to insatlling 2014) a simple right click would allow toggling between Icons and Text. The system variable TRAYICONS seems to have no affect.

Any words of deep wisdom on this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
justshutup
in reply to: DaveFuller

@DaveFuller wrote:

Previously, in 2013 (never got around to insatlling 2014) a simple right click would allow toggling between Icons and Text. The system variable TRAYICONS seems to have no affect.

Any words of deep wisdom on this?

That feature no longer exists in 2015.

Message 3 of 7
DaveFuller
in reply to: justshutup

I was pretty sure that was the answer..... Guess it was attached to the, "Turn Off Autosave Arbitrarliy"feature....

I'll just shut up about it then....

Message 4 of 7
trthomas
in reply to: justshutup

they need to put it back and stop screwing up things that work well!!!!!

Message 5 of 7
aje127
in reply to: DaveFuller

What happened to the point icon that was located within the drawing tab?  can't find it in autocad 2015

Message 6 of 7
engineer
in reply to: aje127

I hate the new tray. I don't have time to learn what a bunch of tiny icons mean; I don't push the button until the tooltip tells me what it does anyway. In my opinion, it is change for the sake of change, not to improve the product. If Autodesk wants to change something, reduce the number of bugs that persist from release to release. Yes, it may take more time, and maybe Acad 2016 won't be able to release until November 2015 instead of April 2015, but I'll gladly wait.

Message 7 of 7
DaveFuller
in reply to: engineer

I do my share of whining about this and that not corrected. There are some bugs that have been since release 12 (not 2012). There have been some virtually unusable releases. I'm as frustrated as anyone is. If ya wanna be productive and helpful, there is a beta test program. I'm not sure how testers are selected, but it kinda makes one feel as if you have the right to piss and moan kuz they fixed something you see as a bug or something in need of change. Keep in mind that AutoCAD is probably one of the most sophisticated and complex pieces of software around. It has about 2 million functions, features and such. We each use about a thousand of those functions, features and such.

That's all for now. Merry Christmas!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost