Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 - text is not highlighted when selected

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mckinley.chris
2133 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 - text is not highlighted when selected

In any mtext command I use, when I am in the propt trying to edit portions of the text and select it I can not see what I'm selecting.  I can go through the actions to select, just can't tell what is being selected. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: mckinley.chris

Prompt? Which Prompt?
Message 3 of 9
mckinley.chris
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, when I'm in the command for mtext, trying to edit the individual lines or words is the issue.

Message 4 of 9
pendean
in reply to: mckinley.chris

On my screen, the highlight is alsmost as dark as the default dark drawing background with a slight shade of blue, but it's there.

Perhaps on your monitor this slight sublte color difference is not observable? If I chance the background color of the drawing area to white the highlight is quite visible.
Message 5 of 9

Having the same issue.  But when I hightlight the word and use the scroll whell on my mouse the highlighted word appears.  Would like to not have the extra step when editing.

Message 6 of 9
Milius
in reply to: MichaelRoberts2193

Does has anybody has solved the problem? I have the same issue. I want to highlight one letter in my mtext editor and no marking appears.

Message 7 of 9
braudpat
in reply to: Milius

Hello

And if you switch from the "Dark" Interface to the "Light" Interface !?

Have you yet the problem ??

And if you test with and without Hardware Graphic Acceleration !?

Yet the problem ??

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
Milius
in reply to: braudpat

Yes, still the problem. With Shift and arrow key left and right it is possible to highlight. But it is not working with my mouse. In AutoCAD 2014 it is working and all other windows software. Just in AutoCAD 2015 the highlighting with my mouse is not working. Do you have any idea, maybe for some wrong setting in AutoCAD 2015?

Thanks for your fast reply.

Best whishes.

Message 9 of 9
Milius
in reply to: Milius

Solution for this problem:

It is necessary to install the current graphic drivers for the mouse. Just a simple hardware problem. AutoCAD 2015 is new since March 2014 and needs current drivers. These can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost