Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 : SP 2 available - Your feedbacks PLEASE ?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
braudpat
631 Views, 14 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 : SP 2 available - Your feedbacks PLEASE ?

Hello 

*** AutoCAD 2015 SP 2 *** SP 2 also includes all of the updates from SP 1 ***
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-2015...

Not the right forum, but ...

*** AutoCAD LT 2015 SP 2 *** SP 2 also includes all of the updates from SP 1 ***
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-l...

This Topic has been created for YOUR Inputs/Feedbacks on the NEW SP 2 !

So please, many answers ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
braudpat
in reply to: braudpat

Hello

SORRY but I need to mark this message "Accept as the solution"

or the System will create some requests to Autodesk Support people ...

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
_rhenley

Why ? They do need to fix this SP release.

I have tried expanding the file as documented on Two computers:

AutoCAD_2015_SP2_64bit.exe / e AutoCAD_2015_SP2_64bit.msp

Instead of unpacking it updates the systems !

Message 4 of 15
_rhenley
in reply to: _rhenley

Oops, my error was the space '/ e' in the extraction parameter. I still don't like that it just updated AutoCAD instead of failing.

Message 5 of 15
braudpat
in reply to: _rhenley

Hello from France

A few important details ...

My native language is French and not US/English, so please apologize for my mistakes !

1) I am not at all an Autodesk Employee !

2) It is better to have a NEW Topic/Thread to get many feedbacks/inputs from this NEW SP 2 for ACAD 2015

3) The SP 2 was in Beta-Test for about 3/4 weeks before the official release !

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 15
durentech

When I installed AutoCAD 2015 SP2 this morning I was pleased to see the horizontal sroll bar had been put back, although in the Read Me file there was no mention of it that I found. This had been a big issue for me and I was using 2014 for the last 6 months or so as a result. Thinking they had fixed the problem I started checking to see if there were any other issues and noticed the fonts in my title blocks for my 2 most frequent clients had gone all wacky and slanted. i reported this to my reseller directly, not as a support request (they usually create one anyway). These were fonts that don't come with autoCAD but had worked just fine in AutoCAD 2015 prior to installing SP2.

FYI: editing the text stle fonts to fonts installed with AutoCAD fixes the text orientation but do I want to edit it in every .dwg file I've created for the last 10 years because of Autodesk's incompetent employees? fix one problem and create 3 more...

My take on all this...it's a global phenomenon caused by smartphone use. We've created a whole generation of new ADD patients and Autodesk has more than their share. I'm pretty disgusted! 

Message 7 of 15
rkmcswain
in reply to: durentech

durentech wrote:

.......I was pleased to see the horizontal sroll bar had been put back, although in the Read Me file there was no mention of it that I found.

From the readme file:

"The following defects have been fixed.
* In certain cases, the horizontal scroll bar is not displayed."

Now I'm not sure what they mean by "in certain cases" because I know of no case where they did work.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 15
DaveFuller

I'll echo, "Why mark it as a solution?". For all the Beta testing it went through, I expected less fluff and more substance, I won't belabor it.

It would seem (someone) managed to ignore the one issue most mentioned.... The Tab layout. I'm quite sure that most who produce drawings with more than 10 -12 tabs agrees.... It worked fine in 2013 (don't know about 2014, we didn't use it), it was handy, not clunky, and IT WORKED! I would like to count up all the extra keystrokes I do every day to get to the layout I need....

The one thing with the most mention didn't get fixed.

It would seem the subscription just can't pay for consistence programming. 

Let's hope SP3 is just around the corner.

There's mine $0.02

Message 9 of 15
durentech
in reply to: DaveFuller

I've been using 2014 which I think was the same as far as Tabs go. If you are talking about the tabs that run across the top of the screen you can get rid of those by going to Tools/Options/Display and deselect "Display File Tabs" and then just use the tabs over the command line as always. I right click the tab, select Move or Copy, add the extra tab and position the model space image in the new tab viewport.

I don't mean to offend you if I'm unaware of your particular problem...I just haven't noticed a problem with that but I've not been using 2015 because the missing horizontal scroll bar prohibited me from aligning model space images into my viewports and the Pan/Zoom crap of a workaround was more cumbersome than using the scroll bar.

Message 10 of 15
durentech

Just compared 2014 to 2015 and see the tabs are below the command line in 2015 and, yes, not as slick as in 2014. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. One more reason to stop paying for subscription. What's going on over at Autodesk??? The product that built the company is on the back burner...their heads are all in the "cloud" developing the pay as you go versions of everything. Bring on the bells and whistles. Where are those dancing chimpanzees?

Message 11 of 15
braudpat

Hello Dave

1) I mark "Accept as solution" MY Topic/Thread because if NOT, this New Topic/Thread (from an Expert) will generate "Automatic Elevation" to Development/Support Team !

2) I agree about the "multiple Layouts" limitation of 2015 !

If France (I am French) people with a lot of Layouts (more than 5-10) are remaining with 2014/2013/etc versions ...

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 15
rkmcswain

durentech wrote:

.....If you are talking about the tabs that run across the top of the screen you can get rid of those by going to Tools/Options/Display and deselect "Display File Tabs" and then just use the tabs over the command line as always.

Those are two different things. The File Tabs manage open drawings, the “tabs over the command line” manage layouts.

I do wish that CAE-Link would update their drawing tab utility for 2015 though.

Message 13 of 15
rkmcswain

braudpat wrote:

*** AutoCAD 2015 SP 2 *** SP 2 also includes all of the updates from SP 1 ***
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-2015...

Not the right forum, but ...

*** AutoCAD LT 2015 SP 2 *** SP 2 also includes all of the updates from SP 1 ***
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-l...

Those links are incorrect. They point to https://mail.mum.de....... 

The correct links are:

AutoCAD 2015 SP2 Downloads

AutoCAD 2015 LT SP2 Downloads

Message 14 of 15
rkmcswain

Does anyone know if the following File Tabs issue has been fixed in SP2?

Currently, it is possble for tabs representing saved drawings (dbmod=0) will show with the indicator that it is unsaved (with the *)

Message 15 of 15
braudpat
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hello RK

YES you are right !

Sorry for the BAD "ACAD/LT 2015 SP 2" Web Links coming from Exchange System ...

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost