Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Shade Plot "as displayed" failure at hidden visual style issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mwwm
1631 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Shade Plot "as displayed" failure at hidden visual style issue

Hi, I just changed AutoCAD 2014 to 2015. When I created viewport on paper space to show my 3D model as Hidden Style, everything looks fine on screen. However, when I generate it to pdf, the plot doesn't work as displayed, which just shows like 2d wireframe. But it works when I chose other visual styles, such as conceptural, realisitc, no problem at all.

So far, I have to change the all viewport shade plot to "hidden" to print out. It is a solution, but I am just curious if it is a bug for AutoCAD 2015, or something I did wrong?

P.S. I have no problem in CAD 2014.

Thanks for any suggestion.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mwwm

Hi,

can you show a drawing and the PDF you get from plotting? That's easier then for us to understand what you have set and what you get.

BTW: what service pack of AutoCAD 2015 do you have installed, what OS do you have and what PDF-driver did you use (and have you tried another one)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
mwwm
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you fro you reply, Alfred. I Just attached test files. I set shade plot as isplayed, viewport visual style as hidden, but when I print it doesn't wok.(No problem )

I tried to make a drawing from new template, it works well. So, it means I did wrong setting in this dwg file. 

I am using AutoCAD 2015 sp2, win7, generate pdf by AutoCAD built-in dwg to pdf.pc3,  firecross dual AMD W5000. I don't think this issue is about driver, since I have no problem if I just create a drawing from new template.

Again, thank you for your help.

Message 4 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: mwwm

mwwm wrote:

I tried to make a drawing from new template, it works well. So, it means I did wrong setting in this dwg file. 

Silhouette Edge Width is too thin...  I believe "3" is the default for Hidden Visual Style

VSSIHLWIDTH.jpg

Message 5 of 5
mwwm
in reply to: nestly2

Hi nestly2,

You're right. Silhouette Edge Width 3 is default, but I change it to 1 for showing some complicated 3D models clearly, which works in AutoCAD previous versions, but It is too thin in AutoCAD 2015. change it from 1 to 2, it works!

Thank you for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost