Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Service Pack 2 update installation

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
calvin.chin
3930 Views, 16 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Service Pack 2 update installation

Hi all,

I have been trying to install AutoCAD 2015 Service Pack 2 for my Product Design Suite 2015 but i get the below error... I have AutoCAD 2015 installed along with my Product Design Suite 2015 but it is weird that why the service pack installer could not locate my AutoCAD 2015 product ? Please help...

AC1.jpg

AC2.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: calvin.chin

thats because thats not an install of autocad that autocad thats in your start menu was from an autocad electrical installation 2 different installs
you need to install the service pack for autocad electrical 2015

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
calvin.chin
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

Isn't that AutoCAD Electrical is AutoCAD based ? When we perform the very first installation, I do remember that I have ticked to install AutoCAD 2015. I also remember that last time when I performed an update for Service Pack 1, it automatically update my AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD to Service Pack 1 as below. So this mean that the current Service Pack 2 for AutoCAD is not applicable for me to install, since that there is no Service Pack 2 released for AE 2015 yet?

AC3.jpg

AC4.jpg

AC5.jpg

Message 4 of 17
dan908

Hello,

Yes, the AutoCAD Electrical product service pack follows after the AutoCAD service pack if one is being provided. Thanks for your patience.

Dan

AutoCAD Quality Assurance Manager
Message 5 of 17
calvin.chin
in reply to: dan908

Hi,

So, how can I update my AutoCAD 2015 to Service Pack 2 that is with my Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 ?

Message 6 of 17
dan908

Sorry for not being clear, wait until the Service Pack update notification comes out for electrical. I will also let our developers know that Electrical customers are getting AutoCAD notifications. I do not know the exact scheduled date for the Electrical product service pack because I work on the plain AutoCAD only.

Dan

AutoCAD Quality Assurance Manager
Message 7 of 17
durentech

I encountered this same a few years ago when I cross graded from Stand Alone AutoCAD to AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2010. In 2010 there was a disk for AutoCAD 2010 which behaved as such and all service packs or fixes installed as if it was a Stand Alone kicense. I was on subscription and when the 2011 version of AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite came out the installation disk had both AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011 on the same disk. When I opened AutoCAD it looked like AutoCAD (the icon on my desktop did too) but across the top it said AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011 and service packs for AutoCAD 2011 would not install and I got the same message as you.

I was furious and felt duped by Autodesk as they sold me this suite in 2010 which had AutoCAD then did a fast one on me the next year. Fraud is what I was screaming to no avail, of course. We're powerless...

Message 8 of 17
calvin.chin

Hi,

I am having a confusion here.. isn't that I have AutoCAD 2015 along with my Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 ? And since that AutoCAD Service Pack 2 is released and I would like to update my AutoCAD only to Service Pack 2, I still can't get it to update to Service Pack 2.

2014-09-24_11-54-06.jpg

Message 9 of 17
durentech

I don't know if your Product Design Suite version of AutoCAD came with its own installation disc or if the suite installed all products simultaneously. Do you get a message saying there is no version of AutoCAD 2015 on your computer when you attempt to install SP2? If so, you will need to wait for the service pack for your particular product suite, most likely. If you are getting some other error message best talk to your reseller or create a support request through subscription center.

Message 10 of 17
calvin.chin
in reply to: durentech

Hi,

Yes, I got the message "The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer. Make sure that you are using the correct service pack for the product." Please take a look at the screenshot below.

XXXCCC.jpg

And if you refer to Autodesk website (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-2015... this service pack should be compatible with my current product design suite. Please take a look at the screenshot below:

XXXCCC2.jpg

Please help and advice.

Message 11 of 17
calvin.chin

Hi,

Yes, I got the message "The service pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk product could not be located on your computer. Make sure that you are using the correct service pack for the product." Please take a look at the screenshot below.

XXXCCC.jpg

And if you refer to Autodesk website (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-2015... this service pack should be compatible with my current product design suite. Please take a look at the screenshot below:

XXXCCC2.jpg

Please help and advice.

Message 12 of 17

One thing to check, is your AutoCAD actually a plain AutoCAD, or is it AutoCAD Mechanical running the <<VANILLA>> profile?

-- 

Message 13 of 17

Hi,

How can I check for my AutoCAD as a <<VANILLA>> profile ? I have AutoCAD 2015, AutoCAD Mechanical 2015, AutoCAD Electrical 2015, AutoCAD Raster Design and other Autodesk products in a suite (Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015).

Message 14 of 17
durentech

Calvin,

Based on the previous screen shots you posted it seems pretty clear that "vanilla" AutoCAD 2015 installed as a separate icon when AutoCAD Electrical 2015 was installed. Your srceenshot of AutoCAD 2015 product information (About) clearly says it's AutoCAD Electrical 2015. If it were the bare bones AutoCAD 2015 and a separate installation as such it would say AutoCAD 2015. The fact that you are getting the error message saying you don't have AutoCAD 2015 is more evidence to support this.

Eventually Autodesk will issue SP2 for your product suite and you will most likely be made aware by thier Autodesk Applications Manager which will prompt you to install it. When is another story. I feel your pain as I went through this with a suite I purchased in 2010 that Autodesk dumped in 2013.

Message 15 of 17
calvin.chin

Could you please let me know more about this <<<VANILLA>> AutoCAD ? And why it is not a bare bone AutoCAD ?

Message 16 of 17
durentech

I'll give my explanation based on my experience only...and I don't know the particulars about what discs you received (if you got hard copies) or how it was delivered to you through Subscription Center.

In my case (in 2011) I opted for hard copies of AutoCAd Revit Structure Suite and got 2 discs only. One had Revit Structure 2011, the other said AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011...which was AutoCAD 2011 with extra stuff added for the Structural Detailing program. When it installed there was an icon for both AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011 and AutoCAD 2011 (which is Structural Detailing without the extras). This is what we refer to as "Vanilla" AutoCAD. Any service packs for AutoCAD 2011 would not install with the same message saying I didn't have AutoCAD on my computer. That's when I was told I'd have to wait until Autodesk issued the service pack for my product suite. 

In your case it appears that "Vanilla" AutoCAD was installed side by side with AutoCAD Electrical 2015. Your Autodesk reseller should be able to explain better. 

Message 17 of 17
calvin.chin

The setup file that I've got is downloaded from Autodesk Virtual Agent site. Isn't that the same as what normal disc will have ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost