Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Selection Cursor Badge

68 REPLIES 68
SOLVED
Message 1 of 69
cad-pe
14523 Views, 68 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Selection Cursor Badge

How is the Selection Cursor Badge turn off? It's very, very annoying. I know if the selection is going to be a crossing because the selection border is dashed and the selection is window because the border is solid (continuous).

Tags (1)
68 REPLIES 68
Message 2 of 69
w64bit
in reply to: cad-pe

+1

Message 3 of 69
braudpat

Hello from France 

Not sure because I have not the 2015 with me !?

But with OPTIONS and inside the "Selection" Tab, it seems that I have seen something relative ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 69
cad-pe
in reply to: w64bit

The +1 didn't work.

Message 5 of 69
cad-pe
in reply to: braudpat

The badges are a new freature. Badges are little images that appear at the upper right of the crosshair pick box. I don't need a little annoying badge to appear to distract me when I know or can predict what the AutoCAD editor is suppose to be is doing based on my input. A little badge appears when hovering the crosshair pickbox over a dimension line, don't need it. I know what a dimension line is and does. A little badge appears on when zooming too. What are the Autodesk programmers doing? Don't they know there are a lot of us that have been using AutoCAD for years. I can understand that a beginner might neet the stinking little badges. I'm staying with AutoCAD 2014 or until AutoCAD 2015 SP1 appears with an expert mode index of 6 that allow the stinking little badges to be turned off or a separate SETVAR. I use AutoCAD to make a living and want to produce drawings as fast as I can and I don't need any intentional distractions from Autodesk programmers.

Are you listening Autodesk?

Message 6 of 69
pendean

+1... the user is agreeing with you and wishes for the same thing. Without the need to re-write your post.
Message 7 of 69
Biedy

Yes, Autodesk. Please make it stop.

We don need no stinkin' badges.

Message 8 of 69
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: Biedy

At this time there is not a way to turn off the cursor badges in AutoCAD 2015. I'll put a link to the feedback page below if anyone would like to submit a request to have a toggle added to turn them off.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Shawn Niles
Message 9 of 69
braudpat
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Hello from France

Sorry for my mistake !

I agree that new display features could and can be "uncomfortable", so please Autodesk could you imagine that some people doesn't want a new feature !

So a new System Variable is easy to implement ... For example : BADGEDISPLAY = 1/0 (On/Off) for the future SP 1 !?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 10 of 69
cad-pe

Thank you Shawn Niles!!! I hope someone reades my request using the Link you provided.

Message 11 of 69
Biedy

Shawn,

Thank you for the response, I've been looking for the off switch - too much wasted time and energy for something so small - I'll stop now.

I have sent my feedback to Autodesk.

Anne

Message 12 of 69
timskene

+2

Message 13 of 69
Jason.Piercey

Agreed, they are very annoying.  I also don't want any of those that appear during active commands.  Like move, copy etc...  I invoked the command, I know it's active.  I don't need an icon telling me that.

Message 14 of 69
ArtisanCAD
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

+ 1 this is all garnish and very pretty but utterly useless and pointless!

I don't want an interface cluttered with silly icons... take them off!

Lorne
Message 15 of 69
JavierWong3076
in reply to: ArtisanCAD

garnish is a nice way of putting it. i've never once been working on a schematic and thought 'hey i need a lasso to select these straight lines'

does anyone that works at autodesk actually use their own product these days as they seem to be heading more toward graphic artists than engineers!!

Message 16 of 69
SeanMacOz
in reply to: JavierWong3076

All I know is how I used CAD last Friday is very different to how I used it today and none of my team are happy with 2015. Sure there are some nice new features but get rid of all this rubbish.

If we want icons, pictures, symbols and functions to do the engineering for us then we'll install SolidWorks, but those that use autocad are generally already in the know and don't need this pony rubbish.

Message 17 of 69
acadhelp1
in reply to: JavierWong3076

@JavierWong3076 

You can turn off the Lasso selection by setting PICKAUTO to 3 or from the "Selection" tab of the Options dialog.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 18 of 69
acadhelp1
in reply to: acadhelp1

For the cursor badges, there is not way to turn them off.
They are not all together a new feature and have been around for several releases. Some commands and grip actions have them. A couple examples are MATCHPROP and the Polyline grip actions to convert a line segment to an arc and adding a vertex.

In AutoCAD 2015 we added cursor badges for commands and actions such as Move, Copy, Rotate, Selection, etc. Are the cursor badges the ones that are most annoying?

Thanks,
Jon

BTW - please keep sending your feedback.

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Tags (1)
Message 19 of 69

All of those are annoying--but especially Zoom for me. There are eleventy-billion setvars in AutoCAD. Why not one to turn off cursor badges?

Living by Design
Tags (2)
Message 20 of 69
dmarsters
in reply to: acadhelp1

The only badge I find useful is the tiny "lock" that appears during a command while you hover over an object on a locked layer. The move, copy, etc. badges are distracting and useless. I can tolerate them, but would rather they go away. It is the selection widow/crossing badges that I would like to see an early demise. Not only are they distracting and uselessly redundant (the selection window shading works just fine), but they can obscure objects while making precision selections. Just because you can have badges for everything, doesn't mean you should. Please give us a way to turn them off ASAP.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost