Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Selection Cursor Badge

68 REPLIES 68
SOLVED
Message 1 of 69
cad-pe
14489 Views, 68 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Selection Cursor Badge

How is the Selection Cursor Badge turn off? It's very, very annoying. I know if the selection is going to be a crossing because the selection border is dashed and the selection is window because the border is solid (continuous).

Tags (1)
68 REPLIES 68
Message 41 of 69
rkmcswain
in reply to: amyismynamey

amyismynamey wrote:

I have never been so frustrated in my life! 

Why change something if it's not broken?

1. Not trying to be critical, I'm just curious..... It's hard to see how the cursor badges are that frustrating. I totally agree that new features like this should never be added without an "off" switch for them, but this one isn't that bad is it? I hardly notice it.
  2. Someone thought this would be a good new feature, and it helps fill out the "what's new" for a new release, which in turn helps sell new licenses, which in turn pleases the shareholders.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 42 of 69
amyismynamey
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes, it is that bad.  I use text masking A LOT.  If I invoke the TEXTMASK command, why should I have to choose whether I’m wanting to mask the text, a polyline or an xref when, as far as I know, masking the other two isn’t even possible?  Also, if the item I am choosing is appearing as ‘selected’, why would I need to clarify that?  I am an old-school, keyboard shortcut user and all of these 'changes for the better' are only making my Autocad slower.  It seems to me that the software is not near as speedy as previous releases.

Message 43 of 69
rkmcswain

Oops. I read your last message as if you were talking about "cursor badges", and now I can see you are not talking about that, but I'm still unsure what new feature you are referring to.  Ok, after reading it again, it sounds like you are referring to is Selection Cycling, which is easily toggled on an off by a button in the status bar.

A agree that many of the new features (since about 2006 or so) are disabled by existing users because they inhibit production, not enhance it.

Message 44 of 69
amyismynamey

Well now I'm glad I posted because you did read that right, I guess I was confused and thought the 'selection cyling' box was the cursor badge everyone was speaking of.  Thanks to you, I've now turned that off.  Of course, ACAD couldn't leave that function well enough alone and has made that more difficult as well.  I used to be able to just hold down the ctrl key to cycle through and choose my selection, now I either have to turn on this dialog box or attempt pressing the shift key at the same time as the space bar to cycle through.  Don't they have actual users as Beta testers?  Thanks very much for your help!

Message 45 of 69
rkmcswain

amyismynamey wrote:

I used to be able to just hold down the ctrl key to cycle through and choose my selection,

Don't they have actual users as Beta testers?  Thanks very much for your help!

You can still use the CTRL key for this purpose, just set LEGACYCTRLPICK to 1.

Yes, I am one and unfortunately we cannot discuss what goes on there. But the good news is you can sign up and become one too.

Message 46 of 69
amyismynamey

Good grief, I should've come to this forum long ago!  I am going to have to check in to becoming a beta tester just so that I can try and persuade them not to do away with the Autocad Classic workspace.  From what I understand, they are trying to get rid of it permanently! Thanks once again!

Message 47 of 69
acadhelp1

You can use SHIFT+Spacebar to do selection cycling without even needing to toggle on Selection Cycling.  When I was trying out some of the variations for selection cycling, I saw this  message appear.

Cycling.png

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 48 of 69
acadhelp1
in reply to: acadhelp1

Sorry... we should probably broken this out to a separate Selection Cycling discussion on the forum.  It would make it easier to search for...

Jon Page

AutoCAD Design Manager
Message 49 of 69
dgorsman

FYI - the point of BETA testing, for the most part, isn't to create new features or set the direction of future product development but to confirm that the product is working as intended.  If the decision is to move away from the "Classic" interface as they've done with many other products then thats the direction being moved in.  We can express our displeasure with it, and it will be noted (provided its done in a professional manner) but there should never be the expectation of telling AutoDesk what to do or not do.  Its important to keep in mind there are restrictions, schedules, and resource limitations we are not privvy to which have a much greater impact on where the development is headed than our own desires.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 50 of 69
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: dgorsman

For anyone interested in becoming a beta tester, please see the link below:

http://withoutanet.typepad.com/without_a_net/2014/05/want-to-be-an-autocad-beta-tester.html

Shawn Niles
Message 51 of 69
gndelic

thanks it worked
Message 52 of 69
gndelic

Please keep in mind that screen is meant to be used  for actual DRAWING. I understand your need for continuous improvement, but there should be a step between brainstorming about new product and selling it as a working tool to the professional community....

Message 53 of 69
rkmcswain
in reply to: gndelic

gndelic wrote:
Please keep in mind that screen is meant to be used  for actual DRAWING. I understand your need for continuous improvement, but there should be a step between brainstorming about new product and selling it as a working tool to the professional community....

If you have not already, please send your thoughts directly to the team via the product feedback link as noted below since there is no guarantee anyone will get back here and read this.

jonpage wrote:
Please continue to provide productive feedback via feedback buttons in AutoCAD (on New Tab page and Help menu) and in these discussion forums. The feedback emails are best though.

Message 54 of 69

I agree about reporting the issues--because of my original post, I was inveted to beta test the first patch and it worked exactly in response to comments on these boards. As frustrated as I get with Autodesk on occassion, I have to give them kudos for being actively involved with the end user community, and taking seriously what those users say.

Living by Design
Message 55 of 69
ethomas
in reply to: dmarsters

Amen DMARSTERS!  I don't know why I need a little symbol to come up to tell me that I am performing a command that I already know I am performing.  I know the command I am performing because I'm the same guy that typed it in the command line.  Just installed 2015 last week (jump up from 2012), so this is all new to me.  I am not sure how obscuring even more of the pointing area is helpful.

Message 56 of 69
rkmcswain
in reply to: ethomas

ethomas wrote:

I don't know why I need a little symbol to come up to tell me that I am performing a command that I already know I am performing.  I know the command I am performing because I'm the same guy that typed it in the command line.

It does no good here. Please tell Autodesk. Smiley Wink

tellautodesk.png

Message 57 of 69
Gelby4
in reply to: scottmoyse

Any idea on getting rid of the badge when I us MATCHPROP? That still won't go away.
Message 58 of 69
Gelby4

I tried going through the colors, and Dynamic dimension lines is not affecting it.
Message 59 of 69
nestly2
in reply to: Gelby4

The MATCHPROP icon has been in AutoCAD for at least 10 years.

The lock icon that appears when the pickbox is over objects on locked layers for at least 5 years.

I don't have any recollection of previous objection to either of these, so I would not be in favor of including them with the others that can be enabled/disabled.

Regarding the yellow/orange rubberband line in AutoCAD2015, there's currently no way to change/disable it.

Message 60 of 69
Gelby4
in reply to: nestly2

Ok, but anytime I've used 2011-2014 I've never seen it. I just want to be able to disable it here in 2015. The lock icon is nice, though, I like that one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost