Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Ribbon Tab is showing all ribbons

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
dcoatsjr
2881 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Ribbon Tab is showing all ribbons

I just installed AutoCAD 2015 and all of my ribbon tabs are showing... I have three home tabs and duplicates of many others.  I did not migrate any settings from past versions of AutoCAD.  I am not sure how to get it back to default.  Any help would be appreciated.Ribbon Tabs.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: dcoatsjr

Select a workspace, does the problem go away?
How about after resetting AutoCAD?
Message 3 of 12
dcoatsjr
in reply to: pendean

If I select a differnt workspace the ribbon looks like what I would expect it to look.. If I select the Drafting and Annotations workspace I get what looks like all of the Tabs for all of the differnet workspaces.  What do you mean by resetting AutoCAD?  I have restarted my computer and am using the default profile.

Message 4 of 12
dcoatsjr

Ribbon Tabs2.JPG

Message 5 of 12
nestly2

The extra tabs are likely being (re)loaded by the same partial customizaton files (CUIs) that are loading your AutoCAD AddOn(s)  ie SprinkCAD

Message 6 of 12
dcoatsjr
in reply to: nestly2

The SprinkCAD Ribbons only load 5 of their own ribbons... I would try a reinstall but it took me 9 hours to get the install files last time

Message 7 of 12
justshutup

@dcoatsjr wrote:

I just installed AutoCAD 2015 and all of my ribbon tabs are showing... I have three home tabs and duplicates of many others.  I did not migrate any settings from past versions of AutoCAD.  I am not sure how to get it back to default.  Any help would be appreciated.Ribbon Tabs.JPG

ACAD 2015 isn't on the supported CAD Environment list: https://www.sprinkcad.com/sprinkcad.aspx

Message 8 of 12
dcoatsjr
in reply to: justshutup

I work for SprinkCAD... I am just trying to get my AutoCAD 2015 working so I can start testing our software.

Message 9 of 12
justshutup

@dcoatsjr wrote:

I work for SprinkCAD... I am just trying to get my AutoCAD 2015 working so I can start testing our software.

I guess that if the SprinkCAD add on is the only thing that separates your install from an OOTB install, you have your work cut out for you.  Good luck!

Message 10 of 12
nestly2

My experience is that when there are duplicate Ribbon elements, it's because they're being loaded from multiple cui's.  I'd go through your partial cuix that have been modified... obvioulsy your (SprinkCAD cui has been) and make sure you're not loading any elements that aren't specific to SprinkCAD.

here's a quick demo showing double loading from a "partial"  -->  http://www.screencast.com/t/XlUTGYHT7vIA

Message 11 of 12
nestly2
in reply to: nestly2

Someone mentioned earlier "Reset Settings to Default"  IMO, this may be a good option.  It doesn't mess with the installation, it only removes customizations such as profiles, PGP, etc and restores all the original CUI files (main and partial) to their original state.  Support paths will also be reset as those are part of the profile. This will of course also remove all traces of SprinkCAD from the user interface, but getting back to a clean start point before installing your addon might be the best option.

"Reset Settings to Default" is also pretty safe because it will allow you back up your current settings just in case you want to "undo" the reset.

Start > Autodesk > AutoCAD2015 > Reset Settings to Default

Message 12 of 12
dgorsman

Notice on the top-left panel of the CUI editor, where the Ribbon > Tabs check box it ticked?  That means *all* Ribbon tabs under that are included in the workspace.  If there were some selected and some not selected the check mark would still be there but the box itself would be shaded.  Clicking the check mark at the upper "Tabs" level (or any of the upper level check boxes) is a short cut to add or remove everything under it; if you unchecked that box all Ribbon tabs would be removed from the workspace.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost